Does Verizon give discounts?

atljogger

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am switching from T-Mobile to Verizon for the Iphone. Can you haggle with Verizon Customer Service to get discounts on rate plans or phones? At T-Mo I could always get extra discounts from Customer Service by threatening to leave. Just curious - this will be my first experience on Big Red.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In general, no.

However - if your employer has a Verizon contract, they may have negotiated a perk where you can receive discounts negotiated with Verizon by some companies for their employees. You can find out if your company has such an arrangement on Verizon's web site, at a corporate retail store, or your employer's HR department may have information available to you.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
In general, no.

However - if your employer has a Verizon contract, they may have negotiated a perk where you can receive discounts negotiated with Verizon by some companies for their employees. You can find out if your company has such an arrangement on Verizon's web site, at a corporate retail store, or your employer's HR department may have information available to you.

Yup ... there are discounts for many companies employees.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Some state agencies have discounts with Verizon. In Iowa state employees get an 18% discount on service plus discounts on accessories, not phones. There is a place on the Verizon website that you can put a work email in to see if you are eligible for any discounts through your job. Hope you find something.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that these discounts are usually for plans and accessories and currently do not include the iPhone (device itself). Verizon just like AT&T is taking a loss when selling the iPhone to you since Apple wanted the lower price point to attract more customers.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that these discounts are usually for plans and accessories and currently do not include the iPhone (device itself). Verizon just like AT&T is taking a loss when selling the iPhone to you since Apple wanted the lower price point to attract more customers.

not true, i just recently got my iphone 4 and got 25% off because of my employers contract.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73