Battery Replacement on Apple Care Protection

dano328

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
i have had this 3GS for over a year and Apple Care Protection deal is good through December. When the new model comes out this summer, I'll probably upgrade again.

But I had a bad experience last weekend. The battery very suddenly lost about half of it's charge time. I had charged once a day max before then. Now I am charging 3 times a day. One night I was 100%, went to bed, and the alarm didn't go off eight hours later because the phone was dead. I hate going to the mall, but made an appointment with the Genius Bar assuming I could finally get some value out of it of Apple Care Protection. I have bought four of those extended warranties: 3G, 3Gs, iPad, iPad2 (yet to ship)

Genius Tech, before testing phone begins querying my usage habits. Yes, I only turn on "location services"
while I am in transit. I had to push him to test the battery. Standby Time tested at 12 hours. For a minute I thought he was going to insert my new battery. It's seemed as if he were under orders to turn me away with no new battery. He proceeded to tell me my usage habits were the reason for battery problems. He even looked at the multi-task list and saw apps that I hadn't used on over 2 months being a reason for battery consumption. Correct me, but this is not true multi tasking with all the apps that show in that list. I have three apps that have a process ID table. At most, I see my most two or three recent apps in that list.

I gave one of the only bad surveys I have ever given. I get surveyed at my tech job and have empathy for surveys, but I felt insulted. Are these guys under orders to be stingy with batteries? is 12 hours standby acceptable for a 16-20 month old phone?

I did get a call from that stores manager last night. I'll call them back later today. I hope they give me a new battery. Even if they do, still not happy about the wasted trip to Genius Bar.

Comments/Suggestions???

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad it turned out good in the end. Weird that an apple store gave such bad service, they are normally really good at making things right.

dano328

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I always get good service from Apple & their management corrected this one mishap. Apple is dominant like MS was in the 90s. Hope they continue to provide the best in products & services.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wow, that's unusual to me, that they'd give such bad service. They replaced my entire keyboard and outer shell for free on my old black MacBook, even though I only went in for a new battery, as the old one couldn't hold a charge any more. I was amazed.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've always had awesome service in the Apple Store, they replaced my motherboard on my MacBook Pro 3 months outside of warranty! They definitely didn't have to do it...but did!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2