KeyBoard Still Showing Up After Sending Message???

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
question... so when i go to send someone a text message then when it is sent i hit the home button to get out of the conversation and then when i hit messages to bring the convo back up my keyboard in the message is still up? sometimes when i do that the keyboard goes away so i can read the whole convo easier. why does it sometimes stay up and other times it goes away?

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If you type a message and then hit the back button and then go back into the conversation the should keyboard will be gone. But if you type a message and then just hit the home button, the keyboard will still be there when you go back, this is because hitting the home button doesn't close an app, it just suspends it so that when you go into it again it starts where it left off. You actually have to hit the back button (the one that says "messages") to make it go away.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
By the way, some people just hit edit, then cancel instead of exiting the thread then opening it up again.

And yes, Apple should definitely fix this.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
By the way, some people just hit edit, then cancel instead of exiting the thread then opening it up again.

And yes, Apple should definitely fix this.

That actually brings the keyboard back up again when you hit cancel, which I suppose doesn't really matter.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
after i send the message i hit the home button and then when i click 'messages' on the home screen to bring my text messages back up sometimes the keyboard remains up other times it will be down. i dont start to type a message right after sending on. I immediately click the home button to close out the convo and text message app. do u follow me?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i do the same exact thing everytime when sending a message and sometimes when i open my text message app the keyboard is up and other times the keyboard is down. Is something wrong with my phone or does this happen to everyone? is it normal?

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I get what your saying. This is what you need to do if you want the keyboard to hide. Type a message and send it, now hit the back button at the top left (not the home button), go back into the conversation and the keyboard will be gone. If you just hit the home button, the keyboard will not be hidden when you come back because it's is meant to open up just like you left it.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok i follow you. so nothing is wrong with my iphone correct?? so how come sometimes when i hit the home button after sending a text message the keyboard will be gone without having to hit "back" half the time it remains there the other half it disappears.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
ok i follow you. so nothing is wrong with my iphone correct?? so how come sometimes when i hit the home button after sending a text message the keyboard will be gone without having to hit "back" half the time it remains there the other half it disappears.

I'm not sure why, could be any little glitch that might cause it to do that. But I would say their is probably nothing wrong with your phone.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So I actually tested this real quick. If you send a text and then hit the home button immediately after (almost before the text has even completed sending) then when you open it back up the keyboard will be hidden. Just a glitch, nothing to worry about.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep, If you hit the home button really quick after sending the text, the keyboard will be gone at times upon reopening the messages app. If you take a little longer after you send the message before hitting the home button then the keyboard will still be there when coming back.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
also one other question about the text message preview window. my text message preview window always pops up but sometimes when i just read the text message and dont unlock the phone to respond the window will remain there until i unlock the phone to respond and other times the preview window will go away and when i unlock the phone there will be a "1" in the message window. why does the window sometimes stay there forever and other times it will go away and disappear.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
also one other question about the text message preview window. my text message preview window always pops up but sometimes when i just read the text message and dont unlock the phone to respond the window will remain there until i unlock the phone to respond and other times the preview window will go away and when i unlock the phone there will be a "1" in the message window. why does the window sometimes stay there forever and other times it will go away and disappear.

Don't know about this. It's possible that the notification pop up is meant to only display for a certain amount of time and then disappear, leaving only the "1" upon unlocking. Honestly, I don't pay that much attention to notice if it does this or not. But again, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
yes the pre message window preview. sometimes when it shows up and u dont touch the phone it remains there until you unlock and repsond to the message. other times it will preview then go away even if u dont touch the phone and the '1' will be in the message box with no preview because it disappeared.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox