What size torx?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got an aftermarket metal backing for my iPhone, but I can't figure out what size torx screwdriver to use on the iPhone. Mine doesn't have the phillips, so I've been looking everywhere for a torx size but can't find one. I have a torx set which has T4-T10 and none of those fit .. I really don't think Lowe's or Home Depot sales anything smaller than a T4 which I already have. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
They aren't torx screws, they are apples very own pentalobe screws. You can get pentalobe drivers at ifixit and i think amazon has some as well.

Reactions: jonmark

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup generik is correct. Apple changed to these screws mid year to try and prevent people from opening up their phones and modifying them

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you like the metal back? I'm thinking of changing mine out...just not sure if I want to. Are there any disadvantages to doing so?

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the metal back? I'm thinking of changing mine out...just not sure if I want to. Are there any disadvantages to doing so?

Interesting question. With the antenna issues, would going from the glass back to the metal back have any effect (positive or negative?)

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting question. With the antenna issues, would going from the glass back to the metal back have any effect (positive or negative?)

I wouldn't think so seeing as how the the actual frame of the phone are the antennas and are already exposed anyway.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I haven't been able to put it on yet since I needed that driver to get the screws out, but the feel of it is pretty solid and it's really nice. I can't wait to get it on. I think once I have it on, I won't be using a case anymore, just a bumper, so that'll be an advantage for me. I don't think it would have any effect on the antennae considering the antennae isn't inside the phone, it's around the sides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR