Is anyone else noting this. I got the iphone on opening day coming from a droid x. I had a og droid and a 3g blackberry as well . Using speedtest dot net app my download speeds averages .3Mbps and usually at least twice as fast on an upload. my other devices hit 1Mbps pretty consistently. i've updated my roaming and opened a trouble ticket at verizon, but they really don't seem to have an answer for me. A guy I work with bought one and has the same results. Both of us on Vzn. Any ideas or feedback
    03-29-2011 09:07 PM
    Mine seems fine. Everything is quick like it should be. I've done some speed test with that app as well and some are quick and some are slow. But for me it seems that the browser and download performance seems quick no matter what my results are saying. I've also done side by side tests with another phone that wasn't an iPhone, It got better test results but the iPhone still loaded pages and everything quicker.
    Last edited by generik777; 03-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    03-29-2011 10:02 PM
    Call Verizon and demand satisfaction.
    03-30-2011 09:27 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue. I keep running the speed test app and I will consistently get .3-.5 download speeds, but upload speeds are always about TWICE AS FAST.... makes no sense. Maybe I will be calling Verizon to see what is up. Glad it is not only me.
    03-30-2011 09:30 AM
    Wow, what a fluke. I have run this test at least 10 times in the past with horrible results. Just now, decided to try it again to post a screen shot and I get this... Lol

edit: and now I am consistently getting 1.5+ mps DL speed and .6+mps upload. I swear that I ran this test over and over just a few days ago from the same spot I am sitting right now and kept getting less than .5 mps download on every test.
    Last edited by eye4ni; 03-30-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    03-30-2011 09:37 AM
    Are you running the speed test during the daytime? I find my speeds are faster early morning or late night. Figured less smartphones on the network around those times.
    03-30-2011 09:54 AM
    I avarage 200k to 400k on downloads, I called VZW, I got

"let me look into that for you" on hold "sorry for the wait we are still looking into it your phone is capable of faster downloads and I am see if we can get your speeds increased." on hold, on hold, on hold 5 min later "sorry for the wait sir, your phone is only capable of dial-up speeds, is there anything els"

Now this doesn't make sense at all, I guess this is there way of saying sorry but we are throttling your speeds.
    03-30-2011 10:51 AM
    Wow, what a fluke. I have run this test at least 10 times in the past with horrible results. Just now, decided to try it again to post a screen shot and I get this... Lol

edit: and now I am consistently getting 1.5+ mps DL speed and .6+mps upload. I swear that I ran this test over and over just a few days ago from the same spot I am sitting right now and kept getting less than .5 mps download on every test.
    Network conditions are not a constant. They are dynamic and change in seconds depending on many factors. Maybe Verizon was working on a tower in your area.
    03-30-2011 12:44 PM
    I hate the slowness!
    03-30-2011 01:16 PM
    Network conditions are not a constant. They are dynamic and change in seconds depending on many factors. Maybe Verizon was working on a tower in your area.
    You must be right about this, I just tested again and I'm still getting the same results (1.5mps+). I was not really concerned about it in the first place, I have a wifi connection about 90% of my average day (home and work).
    03-30-2011 01:53 PM
    I highly doubt that Verizon is going to confirm your actual download/upload speed problem using a third party app like SpeedTest. Who said this program was the de facto program to use or even legitimate.

BTW, I just tested mine and I got 564down 870up lol
    03-30-2011 02:48 PM
    According to speed tests, all 4 of my VZW Android phones, the Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, and of course my Thunderbolt are considerably faster. However, in real usage, browsing and downloading, I don't notice a difference.
    03-30-2011 06:31 PM
    I know it is my area. They said the work is done, but it can't be. This past weekend I traveled to the Raleigh, NC area (I am in Greenville, SC).

Speed was WAY better in Raleigh. Done all the updates, airplane mode, all of it. Various servers. Nothing helps.
    03-31-2011 11:00 AM
    Here are my speeds. 3/25 & 3/26 are in the Cameron and Cary, NC area. All the rest are Greenville & Simpsonville, SC area. Significant difference.
    03-31-2011 11:10 AM
    even my NYC tests show realatively good results..

Attachment 8623
    03-31-2011 11:21 AM
    Its not the speedtests that got me started noticing the slow speed. I buffer badly on programs like youtube, hulu plus and netflix. I had no issues with my other phones
    04-26-2011 04:11 AM
    I agree with u guys, and girls. here in knoxville, tn. normally I never have the slowskie's on my iphone. But the past 2 weeks have been real bad. like watching grass grow Slow I hope they get this fixed asap...

Chris
    04-26-2011 06:53 AM
    Those speed tests are useless. I tested 2 different speed test apps going to the same server. Speedtest showed 600 kbs, FCC test showed 1.9 Mbs for download speed.
    04-26-2011 07:56 PM
    I checked my internet speed here ScanmySpeed : Check my Internet Speed , it provides exact solution at free cost & very good in services ...
    04-27-2011 08:06 AM
    Don't compare your speed on your phone vs the speeds on a mifi either. Verizon allocates more bandwidth for mifi vs a standalone smartphone, so speeds should be higher connected to a mifi.
    04-27-2011 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD