Hey guys, currently I am using a Droid 2, however, I do want to switch to the iPhone after messing with my friends iPhone 4 for a few days. This is my dilemma though.

Usually, as I read the iPhone usually get released in the summer, however I hear this year that is not going to happen. If it was to happen then I would wait it out, however I am very anxious and want an iPhone 4. However, like us all, I definitely want the iPhone 5 when it comes out. What do you recommend? Should I wait for the phone to come out in the summer (which will be very hard for me), should I get the iPhone 4, and then when the iPhone 5 comes out sell my Droid 2 AND my iPhone 4 for the iPhone 5. What do you recommend I do? Please help! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    03-29-2011 01:13 PM
    We dont know when its going to be released. Maybe June or Maybe next January. Nobody knows. If you want the 4, get it now and sell it later.
    RConcheiro#AC likes this.
    03-29-2011 01:42 PM
    Thank you for your time and help!
    03-29-2011 01:43 PM
    Thank you for your time and help!
    Normally Apple is very predictable. This is the one year we really dont know. We wont know if its coming for a late June release until WWDC starting June 6th. If its not announced on that day, then who knows when.
    03-29-2011 01:49 PM
    +1 get it now and sell it later to upgrade, if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-29-2011 02:14 PM
    People ask this too much. This isn't something we can decide for you. If you want something then go buy it. If feel like you wanna wait for the new one, then go ahead and do that. We don't know when the next version will be released anymore than you do, everything is just educated guesses based off of rumors. In my opinion, go buy it and worry about getting the new one when the time comes. If you always wait for the next version you'll never have anything.
    03-29-2011 02:23 PM
    People ask this too much. This isn't something we can decide for you.
    Maybe not, but it's definitely something those with experience can help with. More than one opinion always leads to a more informed decision

If you get the iPhone 4 now, you will DEFINITELY have enough money for the 5 if you sell it and the Droid 2.
    03-29-2011 06:12 PM
    Im in the same boat with you. Ive held on to my 3gs for a long time and really wanted to upgrade last year but waited. Now I wish I would have just gone ahead and upgraded. Now Im not sure what I want to do.
    03-29-2011 06:34 PM
    There will always be something new if you just wait a little longer. When you find something you like and can afford get it and enjoy the heck out it. At a minimum you'll get tons of use and enjoyment until the next great thing comes along. Oh - when the next great thing comes along there's no guarantee it will bring anything new you even care about. Then you waited for nothing.

Life - and the life of technology - is short. Keep waiting and you'll only keep delaying or missing the things that make life fun.
    TheZink likes this.
    03-29-2011 07:33 PM
    More than one opinion always leads to a more informed decision
    I agree, The point was someone could easily scroll down and see many other threads already offering their opinion on this very matter rather than making a new thread about it.
    03-29-2011 08:11 PM
    Maybe not, but it's definitely something those with experience can help with. More than one opinion always leads to a more informed decision

If you get the iPhone 4 now, you will DEFINITELY have enough money for the 5 if you sell it and the Droid 2.
    Im in the same boat with you. Ive held on to my 3gs for a long time and really wanted to upgrade last year but waited. Now I wish I would have just gone ahead and upgraded. Now Im not sure what I want to do.

Thank you all, I actually ended up getting it, and I am happier than ever , and as soon as the iPhone 5 comes out, I will definitely be selling my iPhone 4 and Droid 2 for the iPhone 5 Thank you all for your help, it was very helpful!
    04-05-2011 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD