Hey Im new to the site and currently Im a blackberry user but thinking of jumping ship lol.
    My wife just got the iPod touch and its awesome is this anything like the phone??
    You almost want to pick it up and try to make a call on it lol. Her facebook notifications come thru faster on that then they do on the blackberry but I guess its doing more in the background but I dont know but its fast. And the apps are awesome and they have a lot of free games and stuff it blows blackberry app world away. So I guess Im asking is the iPod just a taste of what the Iphone can do???. I never really looked at one yet at a dealer or now anyone who has one. Since Verizon finally got the Iphone my wife really wants one, so we may jump to the Iphone. I love the touch screen phones, we were looking to get one last time but didnt want to switch carriers and we got suckered into the storm2 (eek yeah I know) and for what we use the phone for its been good but its outdated and showing its age very glitchy I guess you can say. Seems rims all about there playbook right now and all I hear is rumors of newer phone but not sure what well be out when I can finally upgrade. The only person I new with one was my cable guy lol and he couldnt make calls (uhh at&t) lol.he kept dropping calls, but his blackberry was fine. So on Verizon hows the Iphone?? For email and notifications and calls any problems or issues
    thanks
    03-29-2011 12:45 AM
    The iPhone is the same as the iPod touch with TONS more features. It works the same with the touch screen and the apps and such. If you like the iPod touch, you'll love the iPhone!
    03-29-2011 12:55 AM
    And welcome!! :-)
    03-29-2011 12:56 AM
    And welcome!! :-)
    awesome and thank you
    03-29-2011 01:28 AM
    Ok does it have customization for example on my blackberry I can design a theme and move programs around all I want. I noticed on just about every demo video they all pretty much look the same. Can you at least move or delete files or hide programs that I don't use?
    03-29-2011 09:24 AM
    Ok does it have customization for example on my blackberry I can design a theme and move programs around all I want. I noticed on just about every demo video they all pretty much look the same. Can you at least move or delete files or hide programs that I don't use?
    Not like on blackberry or android you can't. But you can use folders to store apps in on the home screen to help organize them or get them out of the way.
    03-29-2011 10:01 AM
    Plus you can turn on customization and other neat features by jailbreaking! (if you just keep in mind that iBooks won't work for purchased books on a jailbroken iPhone :/ )
    03-29-2011 10:24 AM
    Ive been a iphone lover for years. I got my iphone 3 weeks ago and finally switched over. I have no regrets!
    03-29-2011 10:28 AM
    GO FOR IT !!!!!! I was a BB user/abuser for years until my wife and daughter gave me an iPhone4 for my Birthday. I will never go back to the BB world. You will love everything about the iPhone. Welcome to the "Dark Side"......
    03-29-2011 10:32 AM
    Plus you can turn on customization and other neat features by jailbreaking! (if you just keep in mind that iBooks won't work for purchased books on a jailbroken iPhone :/ )
    Not True. The latest version of the greenpois0n jailbreak fixed the iBooks problem.

@Microcosmos you might want to check it out. You can run the new version of the jailbreak with the old one installed and it will fix the problem and not hurt anything. Also I believe their is an app in Cydia called hunny pot or honey pot that will fix iBooks issue as well.
    Last edited by swooshme; 03-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    03-29-2011 11:05 AM
    I'm also a BB user/abuser but my wife just got an iPhone 4 and I think I'm coming over to the Dark Side. My contract with Rogers won't allow me to upgrade until December so maybe the iPhone 5 will be out by then. Either way, I'm gonna make the switch.
    03-29-2011 06:22 PM
    sweet, thanks everybody,im due for an upgrade in august well see
    got another question on apps
    my wife buys those itunes cards for her ipod touch can you buy those and buy any app you want on the phone kinda like a gift card i guess
    Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 03-30-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    03-30-2011 12:16 AM
    Yes you can buy any app. Doesn't matter if it's iPhone or iPod or iPad.
    03-30-2011 07:47 AM
    Not True. The latest version of the greenpois0n jailbreak fixed the iBooks problem.

@Microcosmos you might want to check it out. You can run the new version of the jailbreak with the old one installed and it will fix the problem and not hurt anything. Also I believe their is an app in Cydia called hunny pot or honey pot that will fix iBooks issue as well.
    SWEET! I love those guys! Thanks for the tip, swooshme!!!
    03-31-2011 03:23 PM
    My wife just got the iPod touch and its awesome is this anything like the phone??
    You almost want to pick it up and try to make a call on it lol. Her facebook notifications come thru faster on that then they do on the blackberry
    Facebook notifications suck on the iPhone, almost nonexistent.
    03-31-2011 03:46 PM
    I had a BB Storm and switched to the IPhone in February. The BB is better at notifications. The IPhone is better in every other way. NO MORE BATTERY PULLS!!
    04-01-2011 08:40 AM
    Yeah I was a Storm2 user before crossing over. There is no comparison in the overall user experience between BB and iP4. I don't miss the lag or the constant battery pulls.
    04-01-2011 09:41 AM
    Mine are fine... Come in faster than they do on the website :/
    04-01-2011 10:24 AM
    I don't have any issues with facebook either. They come in just fine.
    04-01-2011 10:31 AM
    Mine are fine... Come in faster than they do on the website :/
    Lucky, I only get the once I open the actual app itself. Never sends them otherwise.
    04-01-2011 03:24 PM
    Dont consider just get it. best phone available, any carrier.
    04-01-2011 05:27 PM
    really? i guess its different then the ipod touch she gets her notifications faster on that, then her blackberry. or is that because of the wifi connection?
    04-01-2011 07:27 PM
    can you back up your data on the iphone like you can on your blackberry, connecting it to a pc or is there no need to?
    i like the no battery pull thats awesome.. i do that daily lol
    04-01-2011 07:30 PM
    really? i guess its different then the ipod touch she gets her notifications faster on that, then her blackberry. or is that because of the wifi connection?
    Not cause of wifi, as the iPhone has wifi as well. Must be hit and miss since a few here said they have no problems. Most I hear from though almost never get facebook notifications.

can you back up your data on the iphone like you can on your blackberry, connecting it to a pc or is there no need to?
    i like the no battery pull thats awesome.. i do that daily lol
    Yes, you do backups with iTunes. Any time you do a sync it does this automatically.
    04-01-2011 07:36 PM
    Do it, Do it
    04-02-2011 07:50 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD