Considering the Iphone

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey I?m new to the site and currently I?m a blackberry user but thinking of jumping ship lol.
My wife just got the iPod touch and its awesome is this anything like the phone??
You almost want to pick it up and try to make a call on it lol. Her facebook notifications come thru faster on that then they do on the blackberry but I guess its doing more in the background but I don?t know but it?s fast. And the apps are awesome and they have a lot of free games and stuff it blows blackberry app world away. So I guess I?m asking is the iPod just a taste of what the Iphone can do???. I never really looked at one yet at a dealer or now anyone who has one. Since Verizon finally got the Iphone my wife really wants one, so we may jump to the Iphone. I love the touch screen phones, we were looking to get one last time but didn?t want to switch carriers and we got suckered into the storm2 (eek yeah I know) and for what we use the phone for its been good but its outdated and showing its age very glitchy I guess you can say. Seems rims all about there playbook right now and all I hear is rumors of newer phone but not sure what well be out when I can finally upgrade. The only person I new with one was my cable guy lol and he couldn?t make calls (uhh at&t) lol.he kept dropping calls, but his blackberry was fine. So on Verizon how?s the Iphone?? For email and notifications and calls any problems or issues
thanks

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is the same as the iPod touch with TONS more features. It works the same with the touch screen and the apps and such. If you like the iPod touch, you'll love the iPhone!

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok does it have customization for example on my blackberry I can design a theme and move programs around all I want. I noticed on just about every demo video they all pretty much look the same. Can you at least move or delete files or hide programs that I don't use?

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok does it have customization for example on my blackberry I can design a theme and move programs around all I want. I noticed on just about every demo video they all pretty much look the same. Can you at least move or delete files or hide programs that I don't use?

Not like on blackberry or android you can't. But you can use folders to store apps in on the home screen to help organize them or get them out of the way.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Plus you can turn on customization and other neat features by jailbreaking! (if you just keep in mind that iBooks won't work for purchased books on a jailbroken iPhone :/ )

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
GO FOR IT !!!!!! I was a BB user/abuser for years until my wife and daughter gave me an iPhone4 for my Birthday. I will never go back to the BB world. You will love everything about the iPhone. Welcome to the "Dark Side"......

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Plus you can turn on customization and other neat features by jailbreaking! (if you just keep in mind that iBooks won't work for purchased books on a jailbroken iPhone :/ )

Not True. The latest version of the greenpois0n jailbreak fixed the iBooks problem.

@Microcosmos you might want to check it out. You can run the new version of the jailbreak with the old one installed and it will fix the problem and not hurt anything. Also I believe their is an app in Cydia called hunny pot or honey pot that will fix iBooks issue as well.

Last edited:

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a BB user/abuser but my wife just got an iPhone 4 and I think I'm coming over to the Dark Side. My contract with Rogers won't allow me to upgrade until December so maybe the iPhone 5 will be out by then. Either way, I'm gonna make the switch.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
sweet, thanks everybody,im due for an upgrade in august well see :D
got another question on apps
my wife buys those itunes cards for her ipod touch can you buy those and buy any app you want on the phone kinda like a gift card i guess

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Not True. The latest version of the greenpois0n jailbreak fixed the iBooks problem.

@Microcosmos you might want to check it out. You can run the new version of the jailbreak with the old one installed and it will fix the problem and not hurt anything. Also I believe their is an app in Cydia called hunny pot or honey pot that will fix iBooks issue as well.

SWEET! I love those guys! Thanks for the tip, swooshme!!!

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got the iPod touch and its awesome is this anything like the phone??
You almost want to pick it up and try to make a call on it lol. Her facebook notifications come thru faster on that then they do on the blackberry

Facebook notifications suck on the iPhone, almost nonexistent.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry

Facebook notifications suck on the iPhone, almost nonexistent.

I had a BB Storm and switched to the IPhone in February. The BB is better at notifications. The IPhone is better in every other way. NO MORE BATTERY PULLS!!

Vaman49

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was a Storm2 user before crossing over. There is no comparison in the overall user experience between BB and iP4. I don't miss the lag or the constant battery pulls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73