"It's just like the iPhone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, some Androids are better than others. For many Android users, battery life is a legitimate argument. My friend's Evo barely makes it 8 hours before he has to charge it. That is a legitimate concern. Other Androids can go days... it all depends on the phone. Every iPhone has a great battery life (with the exception of random duds).

Don't know if its actually true or not, but I always felt HTC phones didn't have the best battery life. Maybe its the qualcomm chipset that they use?

Don't bother. I've had BMW and currently have an Infiniti. Will never get another BMW. Infiniti will blow the doors off of the BMW, will cost 10k less, and you will actually get great service at the dealership. BMW service is the worst.

But but... the M3...

Lol, no matter, I won't be buying any new cars anytime soon. Still in college. :p

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, some Androids are better than others. For many Android users, battery life is a legitimate argument. My friend's Evo barely makes it 8 hours before he has to charge it. That is a legitimate concern. Other Androids can go days... it all depends on the phone. Every iPhone has a great battery life (with the exception of random duds).

This is true. and its 8pm now. I had to plug in by 7:30 and was in the yellow around 6pm. No denying Apple has better battery life though.

I say the one thing (big thing) iPhones have over android is the easy backup. Plug into iTunes and you have a backup... That easy. Android... Yah they have removable storage but it doesn't get everything.

But what exactly would you need to back up? If your phone dies you can just swap out the SD card and BAM! EVERYTHING is back. (or if you need a new phone just enter your gmail and all your stuff comes back with out the need to restore for an hour and a half.

The only things you really need to worry about are apps and your camera roll. Everything else can easy be restored over the cloud.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that's my point, though. It's really only the HTC 4G capable ones that have complete shizz for battery life. Mine made it from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm yesterday and I was on it all day. It didn't die at 11:00, it got plugged in then when I was going to bed. That's why I said that was a weak argument. It's a select few phones, and they are 4G on top of that. No one knows what 4G might do to the iPhone's battery life at this time.

I was also getting at the fact that there are other reasons to like iPhone or Android, other than battery life. I actually like them both, a lot. I'm using my DX, and I see good reasons to switch and to stay.

And I agree with the backup thing. You can backup everything to the cloud and SD card and then swap phones. Pretty easy. When I switch to a new Android, all I'll have to do is put in my Gmail address and SD card and I'm good to go.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
But what exactly would you need to back up? If your phone dies you can just swap out the SD card and BAM! EVERYTHING is back.

Just a question out of curiosity: on Android, do you ever have to reformat your SD card? On my Blackberry that was a semi-frequent occurrence, so I'm just curious as I feel it was a BlackBerry issue and not a SD card issue.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a question out of curiosity: on Android, do you ever have to reformat your SD card? On my Blackberry that was a semi-frequent occurrence, so I'm just curious as I feel it was a BlackBerry issue and not a SD card issue.

I personally never had to. I also watch what I download. (read reviews, see ratings etc) so I wont need to reformatt anything.

jd6102

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I had this problem with my droids. I actually had to re-format a couple times. but the worst part was I actually ended up with an "unsupported file system" "unreadable sd card" I actually couldn't reformat my SD card. I had this happen on Samsung Fascinate, a droid pro and a droid X. happened to a 32 gb card and 2 16 gb cards. talk about frustrating. loosing a ton of pictures music and all kind of stuff killed me. one of the reasons I jumped at the chance of getting the iPhone.

sorry that's my 0.02.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my droids. I actually had to re-format a couple times. but the worst part was I actually ended up with an "unsupported file system" "unreadable sd card" I actually couldn't reformat my SD card. I had this happen on Samsung Fascinate, a droid pro and a droid X. happened to a 32 gb card and 2 16 gb cards. talk about frustrating. loosing a ton of pictures music and all kind of stuff killed me. one of the reasons I jumped at the chance of getting the iPhone.

sorry that's my 0.02.

Always a good idea to backup everything.

I've had a couple WM phones (back in the day) and a couple BB's. Never needed to reformat... guess I was lucky?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've heard of people having this issue, but I've never had it. I do backup my SD card to my computer (which is easy - all you do is plug it in and copy and paste into a new folder) because we all know that no matter the electronics - even APPLE haha - can fail from time to time. But I've still not had this problem with needing to reformat the SD card. My Droid X has EASILY been the most reliable smartphone I've ever had.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
But what exactly would you need to back up? If your phone dies you can just swap out the SD card and BAM! EVERYTHING is back. (or if you need a new phone just enter your gmail and all your stuff comes back with out the need to restore for an hour and a half.

That is not the case. I had a Original Droid that I rooted and reset a few times and the only apps that came back were the ones that I paid for. All the free apps I had to find and remember what they were. I know that 2.2 had the ability to move apps to the sd card but that was not possible when I switched to the Fascinate.

As for the battery life, the Fascinate was excellent and the Droid would sometimes lose a full charge in a half an hour for no reason. I plugged it back in and after a full charge it would be good again.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't be fooled because once you experience the real deal, you probably won't ever want to go back. Can't believe I struggled between pros and cons of iPhone4 vs. Thunderbolt.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't be fooled because once you experience the real deal, you probably won't ever want to go back. Can't believe I struggled between pros and cons of iPhone4 vs. Thunderbolt.

I have been thinking the same thing. I have been taking some "comments" from my Android faithful friends. They can't believe I bought an iPhone. I always respond with "I can't believe I almost didn't buy an iPhone."

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking the same thing. I have been taking some "comments" from my Android faithful friends. They can't believe I bought an iPhone. I always respond with "I can't believe I almost didn't buy an iPhone."

Yup, don't know what I was thinking! I guess it's one of those things that you can't really quantify and therefore things look good on paper or specs, but the hands on experience is what truly counts. Can't completely bag on Android since there are some things to like about it, but not enough to call it a superior device. We do have to thank Android, too, for pushing the competition with Apple to get better software and hardware quickly!

P. S. What is up with these "spam" posts?!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup, don't know what I was thinking! I guess it's one of those things that you can't really quantify and therefore things look good on paper or specs, but the hands on experience is what truly counts. Can't completely bag on Android since there are some things to like about it, but not enough to call it a superior device. We do have to thank Android, too, for pushing the competition with Apple to get better software and hardware quickly!

P. S. What is up with these "spam" posts?!

I really like both platforms and have basically come to the conclusion that I need a combo of Android and iOS. I love the seamless uniformity of iOS and how it is so polished, not to mention the fact that, as phones go, it's sexy as hell. However, I love the customization and notifications on Android. I really like not having Steve tell me what to do. If iPhone5 has a few changes, I'll probably jump ship to check it out (assuming it comes to VZW). One of my other issues is having to purchase some apps again for an iPhone when I already bought them for Android. I picked up MLB At-Bat just a couple weeks ago, and if I switch now, I have to pay another 15 bucks, which really sucks.

I also wanna know what the hell is up with the damn spam. I've never seen so much on a forum before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh