Iphone4 Double Case Protection?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i have the iphone4 and i have the incipio double case with the interior rubber and the exterior hard shell. i dropped it today getting out of the car on the pavement and there is not one thing wrong with the case or anything. cant seem to find one scratch anywhere. how worried should i be about the actual phone hardware being fine after hitting the hard pavement? do u think from the shock of the phone hitting the pavement any damage could happen? has anyone ever experienced dropping their phone on a hard surface with the case around the phone? thanks!

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped mine 2 times now and freaked out both times. I have an Otterbox Commuter case on mine and no damage to the phone. I am waiting for the new Otterbox to come out. A 2 piece type case. The Commuter is easy to get off but a pain to get back on. I haven,t had any internal problems with the phone after the 2 drops thank God. Seems rugged enough to me so far.

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably not a problem with one little protected drop. I have the same case, and also have the otterbox defender. I switch up the case depending on where I'm going to be, but either case should protect fine against small drops. I've seen quite a few youtube videos where people do drop tests with different cases, and they usually don't have any internal damage.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ya i mean fine is totally fine on the exterior and the interior. what internal damage would u experience or look out for if their was any? so these cases should definitely help if you only drop it a couple times?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The steel band is supposed to add extra rigidity. The internals is all PCB, Flash memory so the things you'd have to worry about is the glass back and the screen. I've got an Otterbox Defender also and only dropped it once on carpet. I have seen a moron who handed one to his baby in a Defender case. The baby threw it and it hit the ground with a thud. He picked it up and we were comparing his phone showed no damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2