Getting a new Phone

JC4131a

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am getting a new phone in the next few weeks. I am trying to decide between android and iOS. I do not plan to root or jailbreak either phone. My question is how reliable are your iPhones? How often do apps or programs crash? How long does your battery last?

Thank you.

fibermick

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
iphone/droid

I had three different Android phones. The original Droid, an Incredible, and a Motorola Droid X. I learned lots and lots about smart phones and there are a couple minor things I miss but all in all, the iPhone is a much more stable phone, the display is gorgeous (if a bit smaller), the keyboard is smoother, and the battery life is way better. Love it.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
As fibermick said, iOS is by far the more stable of the two. Battery life is also significantly better on an iPhone than an android device. But really, what phone do you expect people to recommend on an iPhone forum.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've owned both and iOS is the only way to go for battery life, stability, no lag, no choppiness, some previous Android owners miss certain features for example the notification options, I for one would take stability over notification options, but its always a personal choice..

I have owned Android Apps and now iPhone Apps, iPhone Apps are so smooth, its amazing, Android Apps not so much..

I am an iPhone owner for life!!

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was like you in not wanting to Jailbrake or Root the device. I used Android for a while and have had the iPhone since is was released and out of the box I like the Iphone iOS much smooter. :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got both my wife and I the iPhone 4 and I highly recommend it. I am coming from the original Droid. I was against getting the iPhone for a long time. I felt like I would be restricted with what I could do, but I love my iPhone. Everything is very stable and smooth. I do miss some of the notifications and widgets, but what I gained in stability and battery life more than make up for it. Not to mention the screen is amazing even if smaller than the Thunderbolt. The apps seem to work better. They are so much smoother. I highly recommend it. I am eating some crow, but it doesn't taste that bad. The iPhone is worth it. Good luck with your decision.

AKA

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from BB for many years I have to say iOS is phenomenal when comparing the two! Deciding between Android and iOS, again I would say iOS has the upper hand when looking at battery life and stability. The screen on the ip4 is ridiculous, absolutely love it.

What I love about Apple products is they just work, period.

trevgriff#IM

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i vote for iOS after having; palm, blackberry, webOS and android. My iPhone 4 is my favorite.

Battery, great app selection, iDisk integration, camera is awesome, sweet video, and on and on!

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had three different Android phones. The original Droid, an Incredible, and a Motorola Droid X. I learned lots and lots about smart phones and there are a couple minor things I miss but all in all, the iPhone is a much more stable phone, the display is gorgeous (if a bit smaller), the keyboard is smoother, and the battery life is way better. Love it.

I agree with all of the above, plus want to add that signal strength/reception is great! It holds the call in areas where the calls normally dropped out with my Droid Incredible.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Coming from BB for many years I have to say iOS is phenomenal when comparing the two! Deciding between Android and iOS, again I would say iOS has the upper hand when looking at battery life and stability. The screen on the ip4 is ridiculous, absolutely love it.

What I love about Apple products is they just work, period.

I could not agree more. Well said.