Losing the feel

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Im starting to want to go back to my droid 2. The battery on that was so much better and the notifications suck on the iphone. As much as i love my iphone, i also miss my droid 2. Anybody wanna try to change my mind?

kevinlovesrice

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand
and i also made a post about this topic too.
Android has its ups and downs .
Android feels like an unfinished project but with many more features and cool stuff.
On the other hand iphone is more of a Finished project and every generation is a better version of the already stable OS.
Android is a Half baked cookie....its delicious but on the other hand you taste the plain taste of warm dough.
(im not sure how to express it in any other way :D )

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand
and i also made a post about this topic too.
Android has its ups and downs .
Android feels like an unfinished project but with many more features and cool stuff.
On the other hand iphone is more of a Finished project and every generation is a better version of the already stable OS.
Android is a Half baked cookie....its delicious but on the other hand you taste the plain taste of warm dough.
(im not sure how to express it in any other way :D )

I completely agree. I almost went with a Droid (Thunderbolt) but all the "delays" had me concerned. I also had an Original Droid for awhile and hated it! I think the half baked cookie example is great! In my case, I ate that half baked cookie, got salmonella from the raw egg and now the thought of undercooked cookies makes me sick.

I came from a BlackBerry (the web browser sucked, but I loved the notifications). I can't really complain about the iPhone. The app selection, to me, it outstanding and I can deal with the notification system. There's no real talking you out or into a decision, because to each their own. I just really love mine, it's a HUGE step up over the Storm 2!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
anything is better then BB. I know if android did not exist I may have taken the punge on the iPhone. Still could have since I was a real android hater at the time but I'm an open person so I gave it a try and fell to "the dark side"

Its all up to you. You do have 30 days or what ever or even go to the store and spend a good half hour or so really getting the fell of the devices.

and the thing about the cookie is dead on. I love my EVO. It does things that the iPhone can't and may never do.Sometimes I experience hicups, but over all its fine (I've experienced a few on apple devices as well such as my ipad and the photos app freezing up.). I don't want my hand held when using the device because that kind of controlling just screams "1984"

The app thing is a hit or miss. Sure the apple app store had billions or what ever, but do you really have a need for them all? For me android offers what I need and thats fine. Don't forget the apple app store faced the same issue: low apps when it first came out. Even with that x month window. As for flash? I rarely use it but the larger screen does help. (sort of like the argument for a large tablet and not a small one. You hate small tabs, but love small phones?)

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you jailbroken?
Yes, and I honestly probably wouldn't even be in this situation if my iphones battery didn't suck so bad. I can barely get through one day, and with my droid 2 I can get through almost 2. There's things I like about both phones so its a hard decision

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, and I honestly probably wouldn't even be in this situation if my iphones battery didn't suck so bad. I can barely get through one day, and with my droid 2 I can get through almost 2. There's things I like about both phones so its a hard decision

Previously having a Droid X and iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 battery is much better for me. Have you tried tweaking any settings? If I am going to be away from Wifi for a good period of time I turn it off. I don't use bluetooth, but occasionally. I have ping turned off as I don't use that service. I do have two push email accounts and I find very small impact on turning off push and I do get a lot of email.

I easily get through a full day generally with up to 30 or 40% of my battery life left. I was never that fortunate on the Droid X which I often had to charge by mid afternoon to get through the evening time before going to bed and charging for the night.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is great for me, and I have all sorts of push notifications going on all day every day (probably around 7-8 apps push to my phone). At first, my battery was okay, then I turned off facetime and only turn it on when needed, and the battery life increased by a noticeable amount. Guess it could have been a coincidence, don't know, but my battery life is better than my Evo with a 3500 mah extended battery was.

BTW wifi is always left on, bluetooth off, and screen brightness set to around 50% with auto-adjust turned off.

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have everything set so that the battery will last longer but it does not at all. I deleted some cydia stuff so im gonna see if that makes any difference today

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
OP, please have the understanding that it is the jailbroken apps and tweaks that we install onto our phones that ultimately decide the fate of the battery life and performance

a stock iPhone 4's battery will blow away, most if not all, other smartphones

just want people to understand this..

Reactions: Entertainment72

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with deciding between my Droid X and my iPhone. I've been messing around with the iPhone on Wi-Fi, but can't get myself to actually activate it. The iPhone does many things better (one of which is battery life, but with my extended battery on my X, it only dies in less than 24 hours if I've been on it ALL day), but my X does things that, as one previous post says, iPhone may never do. The simplicity and uniformity, as well as the popular line "it just works", of the iPhone is awesome. But sometimes I want to not be locked down to what Apple tells me to do (I have no interest in jailbreaking - I only rooted my X for fun, I didn't add any ROMs or anything, just a few apps that looked cool but don't change the overall performance of the phone).

I also don't want to have to fork over more cash for the same or similar apps that I had on my X to get them on my iPhone. I already talked to MLB about giving me credit for my MLB At-Bat app that I just got two weeks ago to swap it over to the iPhone, but no dice, so I'd have to pay the $15 again. And I know Angry Birds isn't expensive, but I find it hard to pay $3 for something that I've been playing for free for so long.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to get an iPad2 or a Xoom, and this is coming into my decision as to which phone to use as well. Right now I'm leaning iPad2, keeping the DX and keeping my iPod Classic, simply because the Xoom is still a little ways off from being a finished product and has a severe lack of working apps.

It's a really tough decision and it all comes down to what you like and what works for you. I am rather partial to some uncooked dough, but I love a good fully baked cookie, too. As we sit here, my DX is on my dresser sitting next to the iP4, trying to figure out which one goes on eBay.

Good luck in your decision!

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Im starting to want to go back to my droid 2. The battery on that was so much better and the notifications suck on the iphone. As much as i love my iphone, i also miss my droid 2. Anybody wanna try to change my mind?

The battery was better? Absolutely not unless you had an extended battery. I barely miss widgets from my Droid and the status the iPhone exerts is well worth it.

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The battery was better? Absolutely not unless you had an extended battery. I barely miss widgets from my Droid and the status the iPhone exerts is well worth it.

I have the extended battery but even without it it lasted the whole day, which my iphone doesnt

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I could understand if you wanted to go back but never heard of any Android device out performing a iPhone 4 battery. You must have a devective iPhone 4. Seriously....

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

The status?!?!:confused:

As a DX user who converted to ip4 and gave it a whirl and ultimately went back to the X. I can most assuredly say the ip4 had a vastly superior batt life..

But the DX for me was the phone i need at this time..

You cant ask us to change your mind, it has to be a conscious decision on your part, based solely on what works best for YOU!

I am still a bit awe struck by the STATUS comment.. Could you please elaborate on that for me.. I am confused. And as someone who has owned and used both i did not feel suddenly empowered when i bought and used my ip4...

And consequently did not feel any less important when switching back to my DX.

I fear it is comments like that that really fuel the weak minded over on the android pages...

Cheers

H

Reactions: htc2hilt

jared

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a "status" with the iphone. All of the phones cost about the same. Maybe the iphone is trendier because you see it all the time in movies and tv, but Apple pays for that, and it means nothing to me.

I had an original droid before the ip4. I only bought it because it was the closest thing to an iphone on VZW. I'm not a tinkerer with phones. I just want it to work. I think most consumers fall in that segment. The build quality of the ip4 blows the droid away. I never used the slide-out keyboard, but the thing still got very loose towards the end. Aesthetically, I couldn't be happier with the ip4. I like the apps better than what is available on Android. I like the camera better, and I was never much on widgets. They were too buggy. I also like iTunes and have a Mac. I like how everything works seamlessly. I never loaded music on my droid or blackberries. I have my whole library on the ip4.

Things just seem to work better when the same company makes the hardware and software. There are some Android devices that do some amazing things, but I read their forums and it seems like you have to make 100 adjustments to get them to reach their full potential. I don't want to dim my screen, bump charge, or manually shut things down to get my phone to work the way it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice