Official iOS 4.3.1 Feedback & Bug Reporting thread

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Alright, my initial assessment of 4.3.1 went downhill. At first, my iPhone held onto 100% for nearly 2 hours without decreasing. Once I started checking an email (one only) and called my mom (5 minutes), I looked at my battery, and it read 60%... wtf? The worse part is, the bottom of the device kept getting warmer than normal. Also, today, I was taking pics of my toddler and her first time in drinking from a straw. The cam app froze for around 10 minutes with the bottom feeling hot to the touch. I've never had this issue prior to 4.3.

I made an appointment with the genius bar in Palo Alto. I hope that the reps there can help me out. I don't mind staying at 4.2.1 as long as I have a reliable device to use daily.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I really wish apple would allow us to downgrade our OS. Especially when there are issues with the current release.

Well that's usually not how it works. Some of the updates patch security holes, so Apple doesn't want you downgrading.

Plus, it makes jailbreaking harder!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing that his weekend. I was so happy with the iPhone before the last couple of weeks. I never thought about the phone except for using it. With Android I was always looking in forums for "help".

my suggestion would be to definitely do a restore as new device.. this will give you a chance to start fresh and really see how 4.3.1 will operate on your device

then make your assessment and IF you are still having issues make an appointment with the genius bar

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This is odd...

I took this to the Apple Store and showed the tech and he was absolutely baffled. He had no idea WHY it was doing this but everytime I use my iPod app on my iPhone 4 it keeps saying its downloading something and my battery life has been HORRIBLE. But everytime I turn on the iPod app it keeps transmitting something...and everytime I push skip to the next song..same thing. And no I don't have any background apps running while it does this...I pretty much clean out the whole multitasking tray several times a day. And in turn hours of just using the iPod feature my battery was down to HALF. Anyways the tech replaced my battery just in case but said he didn't see anything wrong...

Anyone else getting this? It never started downloading something while in the iPod app before..Anyways I've attached a screenshot for you all to see.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I took this to the Apple Store and showed the tech and he was absolutely baffled. He had no idea WHY it was doing this but everytime I use my iPod app on my iPhone 4 it keeps saying its downloading something and my battery life has been HORRIBLE. But everytime I turn on the iPod app it keeps transmitting something...and everytime I push skip to the next song..same thing. And no I don't have any background apps running while it does this...I pretty much clean out the whole multitasking tray several times a day. And in turn hours of just using the iPod feature my battery was down to HALF. Anyways the tech replaced my battery just in case but said he didn't see anything wrong...

Anyone else getting this? It never started downloading something while in the iPod app before..Anyways I've attached a screenshot for you all to see.

Blind guess, ping? =/

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
isn't replacing the battery admitting there "might" be an issue?? what an A$$

they should have replaced the entire unit

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So the Apple Genius at the Palo Alto location read through my case and the repair diagnostic from last week. He even witnessed first hand the slow animations and the battery meter decreasing by 1%-2% every few seconds on my iPhone. The Genius immediately replaced my device with one running on 4.2.1 (didn't save my blobs... learned my lesson haha)! And to top it off, I was only expecting a refurb iPhone that works (I didn't really care as long as there is no cosmetic damage or anything wrong), but the serial number seems to indicate that it's brand new (starts with 61111xxxxxxxx)...

Anyway, I'm just happy I have my reliable iPhone back to normal working condition with a battery that lasts at least a day. Installing my work apps now...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So the Apple Genius at the Palo Alto location read through my case and the repair diagnostic from last week. He even witnessed first hand the slow animations and the battery meter decreasing by 1%-2% every few seconds on my iPhone. The Genius immediately replaced my device with one running on 4.2.1 (didn't save my blobs... learned my lesson haha)! And to top it off, I was only expecting a refurb iPhone that works (I didn't really care as long as there is no cosmetic damage or anything wrong), but the serial number seems to indicate that it's brand new (starts with 61111xxxxxxxx)...

Anyway, I'm just happy I have my reliable iPhone back to normal working condition with a battery that lasts at least a day. Installing my work apps now...

blobs are device specific so it wouldn't have mattered anyways.. glad you got it resolved!

Bushido

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I been a regular viewer of this blog but never felt the need to sign up.

I regularly update iOS but today when trying to download iOS 4.3.1, the download would finish but then when it is trying to process, it gives me a "fail to establish connection or something like that" but I know my internet is fine. I did it twice and it would download all 419.9 MB worth but still say it "timed out." I also get a "zero KB of 419.9 MB -stopped (err = -3259)" as a "status" on my "Downloads" section.

I never have jb or had a problem updating firmware before. Thanks to those who read this and hope you can help.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem. Disable our antivirus and try again. I spoke with Apple tech support and this fixed it. Apple made some server changes that are causing headaches.

Reactions: Bushido

Bushido

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Disable our antivirus and try again. I spoke with Apple tech support and this fixed it. Apple made some server changes that are causing headaches.

Thanks. I think I'll just wait for 5.0 since 4.3.1 is not worth the hassel once again. If this problem continues on that update, I'll follow this suggestion.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
what exactly is "normal/average" usage on a full charge on 4.3.1? people get so many different usage times out of their devices...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW