Official iOS 4.3.1 Feedback & Bug Reporting thread

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine keeps saying "the network connection timed out" and won't finish downloading. How do I fix this problem? Should I disable my firewall (I use Comodo)? I didn't have this issue with 4.3.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yay success!!, anyways do you like 4.3 or 4.2 better??

i am going to have say 4.2.1 because it can be jailbroken. as far as workability/performance.. seemed the same to me, although it could be i never kept 4.3 very long

battery life seemed decent and i did not have any issues with the swipe to unlock.. once again, i didn't keep it for very long

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Niiiiiiice! How the heck can we ever trust you again??!!! :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL you guys trust me :eek: just kidding. I updated last night and I LOVE IT!!!!! my battery is off the hook, slider is responsive again and everything seems like normal. The only thing I need to check is what happens when I'm listening to music. The problem I had before was that when I was playing music it wouldn't register the controls on the mic until I did a reboot. Then sometimes I would turn the volume up and it wouldn't do anything on the third click it went up for half a minute and went back to the level. So we'll see but damn like McDonald's says "I'm loving it"

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no swipe to unlock problem. Never did. Running some power management tests, although I think battery life on 4.3.1 is the same as 4.3. No issues with it really, just thinking about BGR saying they thought batt life was a little better.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i updated to 4.3.1 and then downgraded back to 4.2.1 just to see if it could be done.. success!

LOL you crack me up, are you trying to tease me :p seriously the hackers need to dev a tool that lets you use anyone's SHSH blobs to downgrade your firmware. I'd buy that for a dollar! lol

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LOL you crack me up, are you trying to tease me :p seriously the hackers need to dev a tool that lets you use anyone's SHSH blobs to downgrade your firmware. I'd buy that for a dollar! lol

i am shocked you never saved your blobs.. lesson learned?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have no swipe to unlock problem. Never did. Running some power management tests, although I think battery life on 4.3.1 is the same as 4.3. No issues with it really, just thinking about BGR saying they thought batt life was a little better.

I was chatting with kasperapd last night and he told me he is still having issues with slide to unlock. Hasnt got any better. Not what I was wanting to hear. Now I stll await more feedback. I had it real bad. So bad I had to swap my phone to get back on 4.2.1.

john.woody

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I never had issues with swipe or battery, but felt that 4.3 was less responsive with certain apps (app store being one of them), with this update the responsiveness seems to have improved.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Slider working perfectly and so is everything else. Going to do my wife's 3GS today. Her battery really sucks big time. Hope it will help it. :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I was chatting with kasperapd last night and he told me he is still having issues with slide to unlock. Hasnt got any better. Not what I was wanting to hear. Now I stll await more feedback. I had it real bad. So bad I had to swap my phone to get back on 4.2.1.

Ok so after some more usage I am finding these things with 4.3.1;

1. Slider is greatly improved but every once in awhile when I swipe the slider does not move. That said when that happens I only have to swipe one more time and it works; could be just I touched too lightly and I'm still testing. I have not had a situation where I have to swipe many times for it to move at all. Nor have I had the case where the slider moves but when I get to the other side it immediately returns to the "lock" position; which would also then generally require multiple tries to unlock the phone.

2. Battery life is back to normal for sure.

3. Over all feel and response of using apps, animations, and all that is very solid and snappy.

Reactions: Garz

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Just updated. My 4.3 problems were proximity sensor issues (which I never had before-and then they disappeared after a couple of days), slide to unlock, lag to open some apps and mail issues on one account. My battery life was fine after 4.3-no change from prior to upgrade. Here's hoping all of my annoying 4.3 issues are now resolved!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok so after some more usage I am finding these things with 4.3.1;

1. Slider is greatly improved but every once in awhile when I swipe the slider does not move. That said when that happens I only have to swipe one more time and it works; could be just I touched too lightly and I'm still testing. I have not had a situation where I have to swipe many times for it to move at all. Nor have I had the case where the slider moves but when I get to the other side it immediately returns to the "lock" position; which would also then generally require multiple tries to unlock the phone.

2. Battery life is back to normal for sure.

3. Over all feel and response of using apps, animations, and all that is very solid and snappy.

Thanks for the feedback! I forgot my wife had to leave town last night so I never got to load it on hers. She will be back tonight so Im eager to load it and see how it performs. I did update my 1st gen iPad from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 last night and that is working great. But then again, I really didnt hear any complaints on the iPad except poor battery on iPad 2 which I dont have

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I updated earlier today (finally). The battery seems to have improved for me. I'm running it down to zero and doing a full recharge when I go to bed so tomorrow I'll (hopefully) have a more accurate reading. Also, the phone doesn't seem to get as hot as it did before--mine would get hot after light usage on 4.3.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Loaded on mine last night and my husbands today. I can tell a MAJOR difference in battery life. It's back where it was when I bought it. I charged to 100% last night before bed. I am at 79% after 19 hours. I leave the phone on airplane mode overnight so I don't get any fun little beeps or bonks overnight, but this is remarkable.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
For me 4.3 absolutely killed my battery. Before I was able to get through an entire day of my normal use but after upgrading to 4.3 that was impossible. It's only been a day but so far so good. Today my battery life is at least back to where it was and possibly even slightly better.

PS. I never had the slide to unlock bug

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So I loaded this on my wifes today. Slide to unlock bug still exists but just not as often. Battery seems more like 4.2.1 again. I'm still rocking 4.2.1 on my i4 and my phone is much more snappier than hers on 4.3.1 When I was on 4.3,mine seemed a little sluggish too.

At this point since 4.3 is a minor upgrade, I'm going to stay on 4.2.1 unless I ever need to do a restore and then I'm forced to upgrade until 5.0 comes out. Apple usually does awesome jobs with OS's but this one is not. People might ask why they had to do so many bug fixes on 4.3 when iOS 4 has been around 9 months? It's because when they go from versions 4.2 to 4.3 and ect, the OS's are built from the ground up again

Last edited:

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

That's just too weird. Both the Wife's i4 & mine do not have this issue. Weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox