I never had issues with swipe or battery, but felt that 4.3 was less responsive with certain apps (app store being one of them), with this update the responsiveness seems to have improved.
    03-26-2011 11:51 AM
    Slider working perfectly and so is everything else. Going to do my wife's 3GS today. Her battery really sucks big time. Hope it will help it.
    03-26-2011 12:02 PM
    I was chatting with kasperapd last night and he told me he is still having issues with slide to unlock. Hasnt got any better. Not what I was wanting to hear. Now I stll await more feedback. I had it real bad. So bad I had to swap my phone to get back on 4.2.1.
    Ok so after some more usage I am finding these things with 4.3.1;

1. Slider is greatly improved but every once in awhile when I swipe the slider does not move. That said when that happens I only have to swipe one more time and it works; could be just I touched too lightly and I'm still testing. I have not had a situation where I have to swipe many times for it to move at all. Nor have I had the case where the slider moves but when I get to the other side it immediately returns to the "lock" position; which would also then generally require multiple tries to unlock the phone.

2. Battery life is back to normal for sure.

3. Over all feel and response of using apps, animations, and all that is very solid and snappy.
    Garz likes this.
    03-26-2011 01:46 PM
    Just updated. My 4.3 problems were proximity sensor issues (which I never had before-and then they disappeared after a couple of days), slide to unlock, lag to open some apps and mail issues on one account. My battery life was fine after 4.3-no change from prior to upgrade. Here's hoping all of my annoying 4.3 issues are now resolved!!
    03-26-2011 01:56 PM
    Ok so after some more usage I am finding these things with 4.3.1;

1. Slider is greatly improved but every once in awhile when I swipe the slider does not move. That said when that happens I only have to swipe one more time and it works; could be just I touched too lightly and I'm still testing. I have not had a situation where I have to swipe many times for it to move at all. Nor have I had the case where the slider moves but when I get to the other side it immediately returns to the "lock" position; which would also then generally require multiple tries to unlock the phone.

2. Battery life is back to normal for sure.

3. Over all feel and response of using apps, animations, and all that is very solid and snappy.
    Thanks for the feedback! I forgot my wife had to leave town last night so I never got to load it on hers. She will be back tonight so Im eager to load it and see how it performs. I did update my 1st gen iPad from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 last night and that is working great. But then again, I really didnt hear any complaints on the iPad except poor battery on iPad 2 which I dont have
    03-26-2011 02:04 PM
    I updated earlier today (finally). The battery seems to have improved for me. I'm running it down to zero and doing a full recharge when I go to bed so tomorrow I'll (hopefully) have a more accurate reading. Also, the phone doesn't seem to get as hot as it did before--mine would get hot after light usage on 4.3.
    03-26-2011 05:43 PM
    Loaded on mine last night and my husbands today. I can tell a MAJOR difference in battery life. It's back where it was when I bought it. I charged to 100% last night before bed. I am at 79% after 19 hours. I leave the phone on airplane mode overnight so I don't get any fun little beeps or bonks overnight, but this is remarkable.
    03-26-2011 06:56 PM
    For me 4.3 absolutely killed my battery. Before I was able to get through an entire day of my normal use but after upgrading to 4.3 that was impossible. It's only been a day but so far so good. Today my battery life is at least back to where it was and possibly even slightly better.

PS. I never had the slide to unlock bug
    03-26-2011 10:26 PM
    So I loaded this on my wifes today. Slide to unlock bug still exists but just not as often. Battery seems more like 4.2.1 again. I'm still rocking 4.2.1 on my i4 and my phone is much more snappier than hers on 4.3.1 When I was on 4.3,mine seemed a little sluggish too.

At this point since 4.3 is a minor upgrade, I'm going to stay on 4.2.1 unless I ever need to do a restore and then I'm forced to upgrade until 5.0 comes out. Apple usually does awesome jobs with OS's but this one is not. People might ask why they had to do so many bug fixes on 4.3 when iOS 4 has been around 9 months? It's because when they go from versions 4.2 to 4.3 and ect, the OS's are built from the ground up again
    Last edited by Garz; 03-27-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    03-27-2011 02:00 AM
    I was chatting with kasperapd last night and he told me he is still having issues with slide to unlock. Hasnt got any better. Not what I was wanting to hear. Now I stll await more feedback. I had it real bad. So bad I had to swap my phone to get back on 4.2.1.
    That's just too weird. Both the Wife's i4 & mine do not have this issue. Weird.
    03-27-2011 09:11 AM
    For anyone who might be interested (I'm not as detailed as some folks, but it still might be helpful, hopefully):

I unplugged this morning at 8:15 AM at 100% (the night before I had run it down to 0% and plugged it in for a full recharge). I sent a text right then and there, then after a while I checked Twitter, Weatherbug, made my moves in Words With Friends (), then put it down. It was at 97% after all this, I think. Then I launched a few location-based apps and checked my Gmail on Safari. Also checked my email with the Mail app (I have the setting to Manual). Then I was on a 20-minute (ish) text conversation. Checked Pulse news (love that app!) and read a couple stories. After that I took a bunch of photos with the stock Camera app (I think 16 photos). Checked Twitter some more. Didn't have it on Standby/lock (whatever that state is called ) between uses. It's 11:45 AM now and I'm at 84%, which I think is good (for me, anyway!). My usage so far is 1 hour 29 minutes and Standby is 3 hours 30 minutes.

My Brightness is at roughly 33% (I keep the slider right under the "B" in "Brightness") and I have Auto Brightness ON. I have spotlight search off for everything and Ping is set to Off as well.

My swipe to unlock is fine (didn't have a problem with this on 4.3). I think overall the battery is better than 4.3. also, the phone doesn't get as hot as it used to for me. On 4.3, just a few minutes on Twitter would overheat it. But I don't have that now.
    Last edited by stoneland; 03-27-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    BLiNK likes this.
    03-27-2011 11:48 AM
    good to know..will get the updated OS...
    03-27-2011 12:22 PM
    no problems whatsoever with slide to unlock/answer etc..

i am very impressed with the battery performance of 4.3.1 .. if this can carry over with the upcoming untethered jailbreak i will have the best of both worlds..
    03-27-2011 05:32 PM
    Unstuck the 4.3 thread and stuck this 4.3.1 thread
    03-27-2011 05:54 PM
    Lets hope for the best.
    03-28-2011 07:48 AM
    So I loaded this on my wifes today. Slide to unlock bug still exists but just not as often. Battery seems more like 4.2.1 again. I'm still rocking 4.2.1 on my i4 and my phone is much more snappier than hers on 4.3.1 When I was on 4.3,mine seemed a little sluggish too.

At this point since 4.3 is a minor upgrade, I'm going to stay on 4.2.1 unless I ever need to do a restore and then I'm forced to upgrade until 5.0 comes out. Apple usually does awesome jobs with OS's but this one is not. People might ask why they had to do so many bug fixes on 4.3 when iOS 4 has been around 9 months? It's because when they go from versions 4.2 to 4.3 and ect, the OS's are built from the ground up again
    I can confirm the unlock slider bug does still exist. After more use throughout the weekend I had instances where it took several tries to unlock or the slider move but didn't unlock the phone. It is much less frequent than before but it does still exist.

At least that is the only thing I see wrong right now. Battery is great again, recalibrated the meter yesterday just to get everything at baseline.
    03-28-2011 11:54 AM
    I can confirm the unlock slider bug does still exist. After more use throughout the weekend I had instances where it took several tries to unlock or the slider move but didn't unlock the phone. It is much less frequent than before but it does still exist.

At least that is the only thing I see wrong right now. Battery is great again, recalibrated the meter yesterday just to get everything at baseline.
    I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-28-2011 01:13 PM

yeah my wifes has it still. Im holding off. I wont load it unless I ever have to do a restore before 5.0 comes out
    03-28-2011 02:10 PM
    I was finally able to pry my wife's 3GS out of her hands last night to do the upgrade. Prior to the upgrade, her battery was terrible. I mean really, really bad. After the upgrade, I am amazed at how well the battery is performing. Actually, quite shocked to say the least. It is running great with no issues. I am very impressed.
    03-29-2011 10:27 AM
    Has anybody thought that the reason the battery life is alot better is because they minimized the signal strength? Both me and my gf have noticed a difference in signal strength, and are thinking about going back an update. Anybody else experiencing this?
    03-29-2011 05:42 PM
    Has anybody thought that the reason the battery life is alot better is because they minimized the signal strength? Both me and my gf have noticed a difference in signal strength, and are thinking about going back an update. Anybody else experiencing this?
    I'm on 4.2.1 still for various reasons but my wifes is on 4.3.1. I have played around with hers a lot. Havent noticed less signal. Then again, I havent heard anybody complain about that. Were you JB on 4.2.1 with your Blobs saved? Because thats they only way your rolling back.
    03-29-2011 06:07 PM
    Is anyone having strange issues with music video groupings on an iPhone or
    iPOD Touch after the 4.2 software patch? I'm seeing some of my music
    video groupings labeled as episodes, and the image used for the grouping is
    coming from my song album art instead of one of the videos. I called Apple
    support and got nowhere. Their stock answer is: If the videos didn't come
    from iTunes, we have no frame of reference for troubleshooting this problem.
    In other words, if you don't get your video content from iTunes, they will not
    fix problems that arise from their software releases. When I told them that I'm
    not having this problem with another iPOD Touch with the same music videos
    but still on the 4.1 version, they didn't have an answer. Since Apple
    demonstrated their worthless customer service on this issue, does anyone have
    a workaround for this problem?
    03-29-2011 08:15 PM
    After updating my iPhone to 4.3.1, my signal remained the same as 4.2.1 and 4.3 and my battery life became better (from 4.3). I have Ping off but everything else on. I will be discharging my device to 0% to recalibrate the battery to get a better reading on usage times. Moreover, I have my email (Gmail via Exchange) and MobileMe set to manual. Overall, the iPhone seems to run more smoothly than 4.3.
    03-30-2011 12:43 AM
    Battery life is great now. After 7 hrs use and 18 hrs 18 min of standby time, I'm at 9% battery life!
    03-30-2011 03:37 AM
    After an initial boost in battery performance 4.3.1 has proven to be just as horrible for my battery as 4.3. I am starting to think that apple sucks.
    03-30-2011 07:00 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD