Guess I'll let you know if you can upgrade yours. Getting it as soon as I get home from work.
    yeah if you have feedback, let me know. I'm checking this thread regularly hoping for positive feedback
    03-25-2011 04:07 PM
    yeah if you have feedback, let me know. I'm checking this thread regularly hoping for positive feedback
    Installing now. Might not report back until later tonight after I have time to reproduce the slide to unlock not working conditions; which were totally random.
    03-25-2011 05:10 PM
    Updated already, no issues although the only issue I had was the NTLM authentication one. Never had battery or other issues the others reported.

Now I am glad I can use my company website.
    03-25-2011 05:18 PM
    Don't do it!!! it killed my 3G and put me on Edge, and there is now no cut and paste! I feel like I'm on 1.0

lol just kidding I wish I read this earlier I'll do it when I get home. I'll post up, when you do it keep your phone plugged in and then shut it down and let it charge for 3 or 4 hours. See if it makes any difference at all? I will not be setting it up as new, to me that is always a last resort like format & re-install.
    03-25-2011 05:21 PM
    Initial results are good. So far in limited tries the unlock slider is working like it used too.
    Garz likes this.
    03-25-2011 06:06 PM
    Initial results are good. So far in limited tries the unlock slider is working like it used too.
    good to hear. Keep me posted. If its fixed, I'm updating. Just thought they would have listed that as a bug fixed if they actually fixed it.
    03-25-2011 06:12 PM
    Don't do it!!! it killed my 3G and put me on Edge, and there is now no cut and paste! I feel like I'm on 1.0

lol just kidding I wish I read this earlier I'll do it when I get home. I'll post up, when you do it keep your phone plugged in and then shut it down and let it charge for 3 or 4 hours. See if it makes any difference at all? I will not be setting it up as new, to me that is always a last resort like format & re-install.

Niiiiiiice! How the heck can we ever trust you again??!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-2011 06:22 PM
    What about those who've been able to get the multitasking gestures for iPad to work on 4.3. Does this update "break" that ability?
    03-25-2011 09:45 PM
    I just updated and it took 36 minutes.................
    03-25-2011 10:48 PM
    All went well. It is much,much faster downloading. Swipe problem is fixed. Will find out tomorrow about battery and see if it is improved.
    03-25-2011 10:53 PM
    My download took about a half hour also. I just finished. Will fully charge tonight and report if I have any badness. If it fixes my weird battery drain I will be happy.
    03-25-2011 11:34 PM
    What about those who've been able to get the multitasking gestures for iPad to work on 4.3. Does this update "break" that ability?
    Long as you just update and not do a restore this update doesn't impact the gestures. If you did do a restore, you could just run the xcode and go through the enable process again.
    03-26-2011 12:24 AM
    Then I'll have to download the iPad update on a windows computer, since I don't wanna loose the multitasking gestures, because my Mac refuses to install iOS updates as well as restore any of my iDevices. I tried updating the bf's iPhone on my Mac a d it put it in restore mode.
    03-26-2011 01:14 AM
    i am not updating to its a jailbreak out, i have no issues wth 4.2.1 so im good
    03-26-2011 01:16 AM
    Not sure if is a new iOS 4.3 or 4.3.1 feature that Apple isn't mention, but I've noticed that when I recicve a text and hit close rather than view, the icon stays on the messages app alerting me that there is still an unread text.
    03-26-2011 01:19 AM
    i updated to 4.3.1 and then downgraded back to 4.2.1 just to see if it could be done.. success!
    03-26-2011 03:53 AM
    i updated to 4.3.1 and then downgraded back to 4.2.1 just to see if it could be done.. success!
    Yay success!!, anyways do you like 4.3 or 4.2 better??
    03-26-2011 07:44 AM
    Mine keeps saying "the network connection timed out" and won't finish downloading. How do I fix this problem? Should I disable my firewall (I use Comodo)? I didn't have this issue with 4.3.
    03-26-2011 08:56 AM
    Yay success!!, anyways do you like 4.3 or 4.2 better??
    i am going to have say 4.2.1 because it can be jailbroken. as far as workability/performance.. seemed the same to me, although it could be i never kept 4.3 very long

battery life seemed decent and i did not have any issues with the swipe to unlock.. once again, i didn't keep it for very long
    03-26-2011 09:34 AM
    Mine keeps saying "the network connection timed out" and won't finish downloading. How do I fix this problem? Should I disable my firewall (I use Comodo)? I didn't have this issue with 4.3.
    i have read very little about this issue but it can be caused by a few things

maybe start here? iTunes Network Connection Timed Out Error when Downloading iPhone Update
    03-26-2011 09:36 AM
    Niiiiiiice! How the heck can we ever trust you again??!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LOL you guys trust me just kidding. I updated last night and I LOVE IT!!!!! my battery is off the hook, slider is responsive again and everything seems like normal. The only thing I need to check is what happens when I'm listening to music. The problem I had before was that when I was playing music it wouldn't register the controls on the mic until I did a reboot. Then sometimes I would turn the volume up and it wouldn't do anything on the third click it went up for half a minute and went back to the level. So we'll see but damn like McDonald's says "I'm loving it"
    03-26-2011 09:43 AM
    I have no swipe to unlock problem. Never did. Running some power management tests, although I think battery life on 4.3.1 is the same as 4.3. No issues with it really, just thinking about BGR saying they thought batt life was a little better.
    03-26-2011 09:45 AM
    LOL you crack me up, are you trying to tease me seriously the hackers need to dev a tool that lets you use anyone's SHSH blobs to downgrade your firmware. I'd buy that for a dollar! lol
    03-26-2011 09:45 AM
    LOL you crack me up, are you trying to tease me seriously the hackers need to dev a tool that lets you use anyone's SHSH blobs to downgrade your firmware. I'd buy that for a dollar! lol
    i am shocked you never saved your blobs.. lesson learned?
    03-26-2011 10:25 AM
    I have no swipe to unlock problem. Never did. Running some power management tests, although I think battery life on 4.3.1 is the same as 4.3. No issues with it really, just thinking about BGR saying they thought batt life was a little better.
    I was chatting with kasperapd last night and he told me he is still having issues with slide to unlock. Hasnt got any better. Not what I was wanting to hear. Now I stll await more feedback. I had it real bad. So bad I had to swap my phone to get back on 4.2.1.
    03-26-2011 10:28 AM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD