Still rocking a 3GS?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Who all is still using a 3GS? Where I live I seem to see far more people using the 3GS (I assume its the 3GS) vs iPhone 4.

I'm still using one and love it. How come you haven't upgraded?

Reactions: touchyphone

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
You're from Portland, Oregon. The land of last year. Move to a major city/state, 4's are everywhere in NYC, DC, Los Ang., Chi Town. Upgrade bro, your tech's old. Oh and please remember to "thank me" like see the count go up....

Last edited:

mlaz14

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the 3G. Couldn't afford to spend $200 to upgrade when the 4 came out and at this point I'm just going to wait for the 5. I wouldn't upgrade every year anyway, I don't need the absolute latest and greatest at all times.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You're from Portland, Oregon. The land of last year. Move to a major city/state, 4's are everywhere in NYC, DC, Los Ang., Chi Town. Upgrade bro, your tech's old. Oh and please remember to "thank me" like see the count go up....

ASSHOLE

Land of last year. Lol. :rolleyes: I choose to use a 3GS bro.

And I never forget. We both know how important it is to your inflated ego.

DOUCHE BAG;)

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm still using the 3G. Couldn't afford to spend $200 to upgrade when the 4 came out and at this point I'm just going to wait for the 5. I wouldn't upgrade every year anyway, I don't need the absolute latest and greatest at all times.

What firmware you running on your 3G? Any slow downs or lag?

Rex_Suggs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i dont see anyone with ip4 where i am either its all 3g or 3gs and they all like let me see your ip4 im like naw get ya own

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4 and thought it was fantastic. Had one at launch and then sold it when I deployed. Got back and ended up with tmobile and unfortunately they can't be unlocked...yet. Still though, my 3GS is great.

mlaz14

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What firmware you running on your 3G? Any slow downs or lag?

4.2.1. It's been the best since I upgraded to ios 4 and it's been so long since I was on 3.1.3 so I don't know if it's slower compared to that. Typing lags sometimes but not bad and some games slowdown a bit but that's probably because it has less ram and stuff compared to the newer ones.

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the iPhone 3GS (January). Couldn't pass up a $49 iPhone. Would love to have FaceTime, but that's all I miss. When the iPhone 4 goes to $49, I guess I'll upgrade.

Carl_g

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

ASSHOLE

Land of last year?

Interesting comment, coming from you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If 3GS had retina, a quality camera, and awesome battery life then I could still see me rock my white one. The 3GS is still a very nice phone though.

Reactions: user_name

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking a 3GS here in Austin, TX. My girlfriend has had an i4 for a while. Only thing I really like better about it is the retina display. Sure it has it's other perks, but I would never really use facetime, and side by side opening apps the 3GS is only a few seconds behind. Unlike a 3G compared to a 3GS where the 3GS is about 3-5x slower.

I've had an upgrade for a while now...I'm going to wait for i5 to come out so I can brag for a while (or a year).

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I still have a 3GS. Switched from a BlackBerry, and I'm on T-Mobile, so all I could afford was a used 3GS from craigslist.

Probably will try to pick up a factory unlocked iPhone 4 or 5 when I visit Australia later this year. Then I won't have to deal with the baseband/firmware thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77