Ever use your screen on high brightness?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know everyone here tries to conserve power on their phones as much as possible. I was in that camp and usually turned my screen brightness down to the spot where it was bright enough to be tolerated. However now with the bugs of 4.3 I've become so frustrated I decided F* that I'm going to turn the brightness up and enjoy my phone. I usually end up going home around the low 80s at normal times putting it to charge at the end of the day around 60%. So I figure I have some room to play with and besides I have an extra plug at work so I'll just charge it over my lunch hour. So how many of you have used your screen brightness in the upper 90% regions? it makes such a difference I feel like it's a new phone when I look at the screen now.

Reactions: runner7395

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine around 50-60% with auto brightness off. Any brighter and it gives me a headache.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is interesting... after years of being conditioned to turn down the brightness to conserve battery power on ALL of our smartphones, we have gotten used to the lower light levels... I know I turned my brightness level up to the max a while back just to see what it looked like... and it literally hurt my eyes - was like staring into a lightbulb!

I keep my brightness level at about 40%... anything brighter than that is uncomfortable... and, yes, when I hear a bell ring, I start looking for dinner.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will sometimes turn the brightness up to 75-80% when plugged in with typical lighting situations. In darker situations, then 50% -60% looks best to me; turning it up to 90% in the dark basically means you're trying to light the room as well and gets annoying after awhile. :) And because 50% or 60% is acceptable looking in the daytime also, it tends to be where I have the brightness.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I keep mine at around 75% all the time with auto brightness supposedly turned on. Especially with the retina display I want to see those colors pop.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I was the same way, being conditioned to turn down the brightness on my smartphones to save battery. Even though with my iPhone 4, I have chargers everywhere, in the car, and the office, one upstairs, one downstairs, parents house, etc. I'm the tech guy in the family and whenever I would come around another family member with an iPhone 4 (9 of us total now) I used to be like "Man why does your screen look so much better than mine". Then come to find out everyone else has their brightness up above 75% most at 100%. They never complained about battery life. So I decided I'll rock 100% during the day. And boy what a HUGE difference it makes. Battery life on the iPhone 4 is great.
I only turn it all the way down before I go to bed so I don't get blinded if I have to look at my phone in the middle of the night.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using mine at 100% when I'm near a charger. I go down to about 40% when I'm trying to conserve the battery when I can't charge.

Those colors do POP when its turned up!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well like you guys it's like a whole new phone. I have always had my brightness down with every iPhone so I haven't had anything to compare it to and wow. I thought what is the point of owning the damn phone if you turn off so many of the features to save battery. In the case where you are on the road or you can't charge for some reason it makes perfect sense. However I can charge in the middle of the day and if I get the same usage or even if it's low when I go to bed who cares it's about to be charged. I'm NEVER going back LOL

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
mines always 90-100% brightness, i just thinks it looks so great, why bother having retina display if its so dim you cant take advantage of the beauty.
i only turn mine down if im far away from a charger and its hit 20%

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have never liked Auto-brightness. The one time it was on and I didn't know I was like what's wrong with my damn screen??:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh