Slide to Unlock problems

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me. :confused:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on it? Sometimes I use an Otterbox defender when I'm at
the gym and it has its own screen cover. I run into that problem from time to time if the
screen gets a little moist.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me. :confused:

You are having this issue with your Verizon iPhone with 4.2.6? I have this happen but it seems to be a problem with version 4.3 which is not yet on the Verizon iPhone.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem all the time with my old BB and from time to time with my iPhone. Wipe your screen good, and if that doesn't work, if you have a dehumidifier hold the phone over it for a minute.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is a problem on iOS 4.3 for GSM iPhones but when it does it, it wont slide at all. Not even a quarter of the way. This is the first I have heard about it on a Vzn iPhone and OS 4.2.6

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
is it jailbroken? there are tweaks to the slider that can allow you to adjust the actual distance it takes to unlock the phone...just a thought