First off let me state that I am not trying to scam anyone into buying this phone by telling them it is working.

Today I received a white iPhone 4 conversion kit I had purchased. Long story short I messed up somewhere along the way and I can not get the back plate on.

When I turn on the phone it works well. The screen is perfect and works as it should but the home button does not work at all and when I get a call or try to listen to music everything sounds perfect. However, when I make a call or receive a call the other person can hear me perfectly but I can't hear the other person very well, the volume is really low.

But the motherboard, charging port, and even the camera work perfectly.

Also, I will admit that I got very frustrated and lost a few screws, no parts just screws.

I checked eBay and people are selling water damaged phones for $250+, I'm assuming people are buying them for parts. My question is if I can sell the iPhone, or just the parts?

The screen, back plate, and home button are in great condition, I'd say 9/10. And the bezel has no scratches whatsoever.

Should I just sell the LCD scree, backplate, home button, bezel, camera, motherboard, and charging dock or just put up the entire phone as is? Also, are there any sites I can mail the parts into and try to sell it that way?

Sorry, but I've never sold or bought anything on eBay so I'd appreciate any assistance at all.
    03-22-2011 11:19 PM
    I would suggest that you search for someone who has damaged iphone and can use his parts for yours and make a new one or to invest in buyng parts for yours and then sell it as a working one... just an idea
    03-23-2011 08:10 AM
    You can sell it either way however I assume you want to make as much $ as possible so my advice would be to look up all these parts you've listed and see what they're going for and compare that to what damaged iPhone's are going for.
    That's what I would do anyways,

Good Luck
    03-23-2011 08:21 AM
    Thanks guys for your assistance. It's really sad because this phone wasn't even two weeks old.

I definitely learned my lesson though...

Thanks again.

And I think I've found a buyer from Craigslist who is willing to buy it for $300. I think that is a fair price.
    03-23-2011 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD