Numeric Paging to SMS

aslondon

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of an APP or a service that will convert my numeric paging alert to sms. So y'all understand better, I have an alarm at the house that will signal whenever and whoever does something to the alarm. It dials the telephone and sends a sequence of tones that would be recognized by a numeric pager (not sms). Right now it dials my iphone and i know that something has happened but not what, because the alarm is expecting a numeric pager not a cellphone.

There used to be a service that gave you a virtual # and did the conversion and linked their server to your phone. Alas they are no more!
Any help is greatly appreciated

jimmjj

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Virtual pager

I use my pager for the same reason.
I signed up for virtual paging at PagersDirect - Pagers, Beepers, Free Pagers, Motorola Pagers, Sun Telecom Pagers, Unication Pagers, numeric pagers, alphanumeric pagers, text pagers, sms pagers, virtual pagers, virtual paging last year and had the alerts sent to me as a text message. Last month I downloaded the "pager" app from the Itunes app store. (the pager app is from AMC logic, LTD) I had pagersdirect redirect my pages to the pager app's 7 digit pin number and it works great. The alarm dials my pager phone number and the app not only alerts me with it's own loud alert tone that is selectable, but it repeats up to 5 times incase I didn't hear it the first time and keeps a history of all pages with a time/date stamp.

I would recommend this for your alarm notification.

James

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73