individual SMS timestamps?

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to the iphone 4 just switched from a blackberry 2 weeks ago. One of the first things I noticed about the iphone was that when there is a group of text messages from the same person in around the same time frame, the phone only displays the time that the first message of the group came in. Ive looked around in the settings on the phone and cant find anything about making it display individual times for every message, so I was hoping maybe someone on here had an answer for this question? phone is jailbroken so if theres a modification in cydia that will do this that works too. Thanks everyone

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure why iOS doesn't even offer this functionality in the SMS app, it's not like the sms database doesn't have the information.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If you simply want the timestamp functionality and not all the BiteSMS involves there is an app in Cydia called MarkThatMessage that does put a timestamp on each individual text.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't what you're asking but you can always view the time the last text message was sent or received since sometimes it doesn't show it in the actual thread. Just go to messages and before opening the thread over to the right it will say when the last message was sent or received. I know it's a simple thing, but some people overlook it.