So, I've been a long time Android user, and I finally bit the bullet and went iOS to get something different. So far, I love it.

The most enticing thing about the device is the build quality. The only question I have is do most power buttons wiggle around? From day one, it has some give in all 4 directions. It doesn't rattle around (i noticed my camera makes a rattle, though), but when i touch it, i can feel it move.

It also seems a little harder to push than my Droid's power button. Is there an issue, or is my OCD just acting up?

Thanks!
    03-21-2011 04:02 PM
    My power button is loose and does have a rattle. Most will have slight give and not too much. Mine is just more than the average. Yes the button is harder to push than most Androids. Its to help stop from accidently turning the screen on all the time. Everyhting else works fine on my phone so it doesnt bother me. It it ever gets worse, I'll exchange it for a new one at Apple.

Also, all iphone will have a camera rattle when you tap the top part of the phone. Most smartphones do too. My HTC Inspire does and my 9700 that I had did too.
    Last edited by Garz; 03-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    03-21-2011 04:08 PM
    So, I've been a long time Android user, and I finally bit the bullet and went iOS to get something different. So far, I love it.

The most enticing thing about the device is the build quality. The only question I have is do most power buttons wiggle around? From day one, it has some give in all 4 directions. It doesn't rattle around (i noticed my camera makes a rattle, though), but when i touch it, i can feel it move.

It also seems a little harder to push than my Droid's power button. Is there an issue, or is my OCD just acting up?

Thanks!
    Mine also has a tiny amount of wiggle if I rest my finger on it and wiggle. If for some reason it starts acting strange though you have a full year for Apple to replace it; like they did when the button sank into the housing of the phone on my old iPhone 3G.
    03-21-2011 04:24 PM
    I have a little bit of wiggle as well, don't think much of it.
    03-21-2011 04:50 PM
    good to know, thanks guys!
    03-21-2011 05:08 PM

Also, all iphone will have a camera rattle when you tap the top part of the phone. Most smartphones do too. My HTC Inspire does and my 9700 that I had did too.
    my iPhone camera does not have a rattle nor is the home button even slightly loose...
    03-22-2011 01:23 AM
    my iPhone camera does not have a rattle nor is the home button even slightly loose...
    Yours is rare. I haven't seen one without the camera rattle. And the OP wasn't talking about the home button. It was the power button.
    03-22-2011 02:34 AM
    Not that rare. My iPhone4 does not rattle and neither is the Home button or Power button "loose". Got it on launch day so it's had plenty of use, lol.
    03-22-2011 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD