I Just Couldn't Do It

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So every now and then I'll get the itch for change. I've always been torn between my love for the iPhone and my love for Blackberry. I've always gone back and forth and used one for about 10 months and then switched back to the other. Well, I had recently come across a brand new BlackBerry Bold for a very good price, and since I had been using the iPhone for a little over a year, I figured what the heck, I'll change it up - at least until the iPhone 5 comes out. So I switched over to the Bold (actually had both the 9000 and 9700, and preferred the 9000), and honestly it was a nice refreshing change ....

.... However this change only last about a week and a day. And now I'm back on my iPhone 4 again. I just couldn't do it. I loved the BlackBerry, but it seems my allegiance has finally been swayed 100% to the iPhone. There are things about the Berry that I love, but the iPhone is just way too convenient with everything it can do. One week away from it, and I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to come back. I hope I can be forgiven for my brief smartphone affair, and we can put this infidelity behind us. :)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel you. Once you really live with the iPhone for a period of time. It is hard to use anything else and be satisfied. I tried a Droid X! No way!

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how you were pulled away for awhile by a blackberry.. I used a few decent verizon bbs, but man after having the iphone the blackberry software seems so obsolete.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
After years with RIM devices, I bought an i4 when it was released. Loved it, then I got duped into trying a Torch, struggled with it for six weeks, sold it and bought another i4. Im done with Blackberry.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
You are forgiven. I think we all have experienced what you have at some point. I too back in 08 struggled with going back and forth between my iPhone and Blackberry. Back then the iPhone still lacked some things that my Blackberry did oh so well. I didn?t fully commit to my iPhone until around when the 3GS came out. That phone did everything I needed and I wasn?t left needing or wanting my Blackberry at all. I?ve been with Apple since the end of 07 when I got my first Mac and when the iphones starting coming out, but I didn?t fully commit until iPhone 3GS. Don?t feel bad, sometimes you have to go back and forth before you can realize what you need or what makes you happy. I haven?t looked back, and will never look back. Apple products provide everything I need in my everyday life, from phones, to computers, to iPads, to iPods, to TV, to movies, music, etc?.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I find myself gazing lovingly at BB's whenever I'm out, and miss my Bold 9700 occasionally, but it's not because I don't totally love my iP4. I think it's perfectly natural to miss the BB because it was my very first smartphone and you can never really forget your first love. :)

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I find myself gazing lovingly at BB's whenever I'm out, and miss my Bold 9700 occasionally, but it's not because I don't totally love my iP4. I think it's perfectly natural to miss the BB because it was my very first smartphone and you can never really forget your first love. :)

Haha I think this about sums up the reason behind my affair =p

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPhone 4, but I'll readily admit that I miss that familiar and amazingly easy keyboard on my old AT&T BlackBerry Bold 9700. I could type without even looking at the phone. It was awesome. Unfortunately, everything else about the phone (besides the camera) was quite lackluster.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently carry a Blackberry Torch 9800 and an iPod touch 4th gen. The touch for the most part satisfies my desires for an iOS device, but every now and then I think about getting an iPhone as my next smartphone.

Carl_g

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
After years with RIM devices, I bought an i4 when it was released. Loved it, then I got duped into trying a Torch, struggled with it for six weeks, sold it and bought another i4. Im done with Blackberry.

Agreed; man, that is one creepy profile pic!

Andy357

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a brief fling with a Torch, but the iphone forgave me. After a jailbreak I had all the features I was looking for and more. I still gaze at BBs in store, but lovin the iPhone. RiM just don't seem to even try to keep up with the other mobiles out now.

hempsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Great choice the iPhone is better! Just explain to your blackberry how the things really are and i think that it would undestand you.... :D

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I did that with BBs when I first got my DX. Now I do that with iPhones when I see people using them. They're just so damn pretty. I picked up a used VZW iPhone because the deal was too good to pass up, but I can't get myself to activate it because I love my DX so much. But man everytime I see an iPhone out in public, it gets those techy juices flowin'!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh