What gives? I have been using my phone for about a month with no issues now it wants me to verify payment info even if i'm trying to download free apps?
    03-20-2011 11:37 AM
    COuld just be something as simple as the credit card on file is expired? I know it sucks that they have to have this for a free app, But I think maybe their system won't let you get past that initial point if you don't have a valid credit card on file.
    03-20-2011 12:35 PM
    Just make sure the numbers, expernation date and the CSV number are correct. Make sure you have a blance on your account to cover it and that your bank is not blocking it.
    03-20-2011 12:41 PM
    Figured it out incase someone else has this issue, I logged into the apple site looking into the me.com stuff and it appears that if you log into a different device with your apple id you need to log out and log back in on the original.
    03-20-2011 07:00 PM
    ugg this problem is back out of nowhere, can't fix it.
    03-23-2011 05:22 PM
    Might want to plug your phone in and run a check with itunes. If something is funky with your phone, it should be the same way with itunes when you plug it in.
    03-24-2011 09:19 AM
    Apple is now requiring you to enter your password for all downloads regardless if free or not. I don't keep a credit card on file, but if you do they need you to enter the security code each time you log in.
    03-24-2011 10:21 AM
    Figured it out incase someone else has this issue, I logged into the apple site looking into the me.com stuff and it appears that if you log into a different device with your apple id you need to log out and log back in on the original.
    That's not the case, I login to apple.com all the time and never have to log out to be able to login to iTunes or my iPhone.

Go to iTunes and update your account info.
    03-24-2011 10:34 AM
    I've always had to type in password for everything to do with App Store, free, paid, in app, updates, etc... But I'm okay with it, this way I know I'm the only one installing...
    03-24-2011 04:43 PM
    I've always had to type in password for everything to do with App Store, free, paid, in app, updates, etc... But I'm okay with it, this way I know I'm the only one installing...
    With 4.2.6 and earlier versions, if you install one app, and then install another soon after the first, you don't have to log in for the subsequent download. There've been occasions where I have this happen. If you're inputting a password every time with 4.2.6, then you're not doing multiple downloads quickly. With 4.3, each individual download will require a password entry.

I don't look forward to that change. I don't see the security benefit, because it only helps if a bad actor gets the phone right after you've entered your password, and they don't have you to enter it again or simply tell them the password. For example, a phone taken from a table in a coffee shop, while you sit there, within a minute or two of accessing the phone. I'd guess most such thefts don't happen right after recent phone usage, but when someone is not paying attention to the phone for a period of time. Even so, they have to spend some time running away and secreting themselves after grabbing the phone. So how much damage can be done in that short amount of time before the program asks for a password again?
    Last edited by icebox93; 03-25-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    03-25-2011 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD