4.3 is it worth it ?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Having read all the issues that come with 4.3 I want to get some feedback on these issues.

Is the swipe lock issue real common ?

Battery Life ?

Is it worth upgrading ? I have no issues what so ever right now, the new update would be nice but I dont want issues.

If I wanted issues I would have gotten a Droid or a Blackberry.

Thanks

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I notice that I have improved signal. I have fewer dropped calls, and stronger data connections. However, like others my battery life has decreased.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone having battery problems on 4.3 tried turning off Ping notifications in settings to see if that helps??

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Changing ping didn't help my battery. However, on the apple support forums some folks discovered signing out of iTunes in settings helps a lot! I just singed out of mine a couple hours ago. It may be too early to tell but I think my battery drain has decreased significantly.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone having battery problems on 4.3 tried turning off Ping notifications in settings to see if that helps??

I don't even have ping setup to turn off really. How do you turn if off? How do you sign out of iTunes on the iPhone? My battery is worse and slide to unlock makes me want to throw the phone against the wall sometimes it's so annoying.

Restoring as new did not fix anything. I miss 4.2.1 :(.

Last edited:

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Nothing in 4.3 (for me) that was worth the aggravation that it's creating (lot's of apps all of a sudden don't play nice with the iOS). Exchange all of a sudden not working correctly.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Swipe to unlock is common on mine and my wifes. Phone will work but sometimes its takes a extra swipe or two to unlock. Battery was a little worse but not that big of a difference. I say stay on 4.2.1 until 4.3.1 comes out to address the bugs.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't even have ping setup to turn off really. How do you turn if off? How do you sign out of iTunes on the iPhone? My battery is worse and slide to unlock makes me want to throw the phone against the wall sometimes it's so annoying.

Restoring as new did not fix anything. I miss 4.2.1 :(.

settings>general>restrictions>set up pass code>turn ping OFF

settings>store>Apple ID>sign out

swipe to unlock intermittent for me and battery life still in the testing stages

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank god I thought it was a problem with the screen of my phone I was getting ready to test it out before going to the Apple Store. Yes DO NOT UPGRADE if you have a nice stable 4.2. My battery drain has been intermittent and annoying I've reloaded the OS once already. I've had to swipe three times not only for my unlock and answer but also my alarm very annoying. I hae also tried to airplay from websites getting sound but no video and huge problems playing content to my AppleTV. People keep saying the OEM firmware is stable :p

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
WoW this was real helpful. Useless poster !! Thanks for nothing. Case Closed !!

Are you new here? Guess you don't me. I am the most useless poster in this joint, as evidenced by my zero thanks and my thanking zero people since the dawn of time. I guess you missed that. Again, it's simple. You take the risks. I am willing to bet there are more positive updates compared to negative, as the negatives always have the louder voices.

Even the poster that was after me agreed. Enjoy your time here and Be well:

74-3.jpg

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank god I thought it was a problem with the screen of my phone I was getting ready to test it out before going to the Apple Store. Yes DO NOT UPGRADE if you have a nice stable 4.2. My battery drain has been intermittent and annoying I've reloaded the OS once already. I've had to swipe three times not only for my unlock and answer but also my alarm very annoying. I hae also tried to airplay from websites getting sound but no video and huge problems playing content to my AppleTV. People keep saying the OEM firmware is stable :p

What's really funny is that people say jailbreaking an iPhone makes it unstable! Jailbreaking adds features, instead of taking them away, or destabilizing your device..:D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Ever since I loaded the GM of 4.3, I've been telling everybody to stay away from 4.3. It started that with the 4.3 bugs thread.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I loaded the GM of 4.3, I've been telling everybody to stay away from 4.3. It started that with the 4.3 bugs thread.

should have listened to you, and other reports, but had to see for myself..

confirmed: 4.3 is a POS.. much rather deal with jailbreak any day. thank god for blobs and TU!

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
4.3 has been alright for me, a few bugs here and there (like twitter for me) but otherwise just as good as the previous builds. Battery life has been better than I remember as well.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
i wonder if these issues with 4.3 has anything to do with vzw iphone4's still being on 4.2.6 (not having 4.3 available at all)... vzw is usually somewhat in control of updates...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
should have listened to you, and other reports, but had to see for myself..

confirmed: 4.3 is a POS.. much rather deal with jailbreak any day. thank god for blobs and TU!

yeah it was so bad. I exchanged my phone at the genius bar while they had warranty replacements still with 4.2.1. I couldnt take it. Phone works great now. But yes sometimes you have to see it for yourself. I had loaded 4.3 GM and was hoping they would update the GM again like they did with 4.2.1 but they never did. Couldnt believe this OS was released like this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW