Verizon 3G fail?

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having 3G trouble today? My data has slowed to a crawl. Was fine yesterday, and nothings changed since then. Speedtest shows 0-.9mbs. Takes about a minute for twitter to refersh, most webpages wont load at all. Been like this all day.

Am I alone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Could be a tower. You can all your carrier and they should be able to tell you if there are issues in your area. Or try a hard reboot(hold power button & home screen button at the same time) to see if that helps. Last thing is you can try and reset network settings as maybe it sticking to a tower further away. Only downfall if you do that is you must enter all your wifi passowrds back on your phone if you reset network settings

trjnberry

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I just got 0.82 mbs down with 0.37 mbs on my speed test! That's the fastest I have ever seen it on 3G. I usually get about .25 to .42 mbs down with about 0.12 up, so perhaps my area, which has LTE, has lots of VZ users jumping ship to the HTC Thunderbolt. I may be joining them soon, too, because the LTE speed test went 12.0 mbs down with 29.0 mbs up when I did a speed test at the Verizon store! I checked the settings to make sure it wasn't on wi-fi. A few Verizon users in the Android Central forums that bought the phone reported even higher speeds at home with phone in their area.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro