I need alot of help :( - syncing issues after restore

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
:confused:

I was one of the lucky ones to receive their iPhone 4 the day before it came out. I have been using it since that day in July without a single flaw.

Yesterday I installed the new software. During the day it seemed glitchy. The home button wasn't responding like normal.. I had to hit it a few times, numerous times. I also noticed alot of time in between hitting "Call" and waiting for a ring which is not normal. I had other issues with safari also. When I updated I did not restore before. I just went right to the update and installed it.

Today I decided to restore. After the restore I clicked "restore from backup" to get my contacts and settings synced. After that - I didn't have my contacts or settings.

So I tried to restore from backup again and it seems my last backup was overwritten and the most recent backup I have is in 2010, before 3.0.

WTF?? Is there a way I can dig this back up out from a folder some where?? :eek::confused:

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
"iTunes could not restore ______ because an error occurred"

I don't even have folders. I have my contacts (from late 2010), like 1/4 of my pictures.... I don't know what I did wrong.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Your best and quickest bet is probably to go to an Apple store. But we might be able to help with more details, like:

-how often did you backup? Is it possible the 2010 backup is your most recent backup? (My mom had her iPhone for two years before I explained to her how to do a backup.)

-how do you sync your contacts? Google? Outlook? Something else?

-When you say your Contacts and Settings are gone, do you mean the whole app or just the content?

-For folders, I'm assuming you've tried to make one? (They don't show up until you do.)

For more info about using backups (and file locations so you can find yours) see this Apple Help article.

Good luck, I know it must be frustrating!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2