Team Pure what if...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have done both, I prefer Team Pure at this time ... Phone runs smoother and I get better battery life. Loved Mywi, however Personal Hotspot feature works just as well.. and worth the extra $20 IMO.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I rooted a lot of android phones, and I jailbroke my iphone.. I just went back to stock this morning. I'll need some convincing to jailbreak. I didn't do any themes or anything, just some basic stuff. It seems like everytime I jailbreak, I read a bad jailbreak story.

same here bro i used to jailberak my iphone 3gs and 3g and my ipod touch but kinda 2 scared 2 jailbreak iphone 4 :p

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Just having a system wide notification system is worth jailbreaking alone for, I don't know how people stay stock with all the free and amazing tweaks available.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
What system wide notification system?

There's a few, I use Notified Pro which isn't free, but it's worth 2.99 to get rid of the annoying blue pop-ups once and for all, it has an Android-like pull down from the status bar. There's also a free version, and mobile notifier which is free.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I might be crazy but I like the blue pop ups and I don't want my iPhone to resemble an Android in any way shape or form, I really disliked my Android..

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I might be crazy but I like the blue pop ups and I don't want my iPhone to resemble an Android in any way shape or form, I really disliked my Android..

Same for me! Cept I never had an Android... I just like my phone to look like an iPhone. I think we're a vast minority, those of us who love the blue popups haha.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

If resembling an Android means having a great notification system in place of Apple's horrible, intrusive, industry worst notification system who cares? I don't see any point in limiting what our phones can do because it might resemble something else. Notifications is something Apple has so far failed at, others have got it right, jailbreaking allows us to fix it so we don't have to wait for Apple to get around to it someday.

When I've restored my phone for a new OS update, is when I've really realized how bad it is, I don't think I could own an Iphone if I couldn't JB it. Same thing goes for text messages, it's nice not to be kicked out of your game, or whatever you might happen to be doing to reply to a text.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, devs are constantly coming out with new tweaks that Apple won't allow in the app store.

Hopefully they fix the notifications and the lack of quick reply in iOS5.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
My reasons for staying pure on my iPhone is just that, with one exception (notifications), iOS 4 already does everything I want it to.

I am not opposed to jailbreaking. My first gen iPod touch was jailbroken around the iOS 3 launch. The only thing I did was add multitasking, which made my battery suffer.

My palm pre I homebrewed on day two. Pretty much just to make it look/behave more iOS like.

That said, I wouldn't jailbreak if SJ said to tomorrow. I love the phone the was it is, and the lockinfo and other notification mods I've seen don't appeal to me. Really, that is one thing I miss from my pre. It wasn't perfect (would at times jumble the display, the swipes wouldn't always clear correctly) but was much better than what we have on iOS.

Since the lead designer os the webOS notification system now works for Apple, I think this will be addressed in iOS 5. And I fully expect Apple to improve upon the webOS way.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I used to be on Team Jailbreak. However, the Mobile Substrate which is installed when you Jailbreak makes your phone really slow. And, sometimes you get runaway processes which kill your battery really fast. I found myself constantly troubleshooting problems with my phone and needing to restore when it was Jailbroken.

Now I am on Team Pure and have only had to restore my iPad once (accelerated battery drain), and have never had to restore my iPhone 4. It just feels so much better to be able to use my iPhone without constantly needing to tinker with it.

The things I miss most about Jailbreaking are SBSettings and BiteSMS. However, since iOS 4.2, my battery life has been so good that I don't even need SBSettings to ever turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, Location Services, etc.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
bored with JB. Team Pure.. for now

sometimes you get runaway processes which kill your battery really fast. I found myself constantly troubleshooting problems with my phone and needing to restore when it was Jailbroken.

very good point, in fact that is what i ran into last night. so there i was sitting at my laptop ready to restore/re-jb and that's when i decided to update to 4.3 and actually give it a go (again) for real..

i am going to wait for the untethered 4.3 jailbreak to be available (bug-free) along with my favorite JB apps/tweaks to be updated (whenever that may be) and even then i'll have to see where i am at with all of this Team Pure stuff :D

it's going to be weird but i figured it might be a nice break :)

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
IT JUST WORKS!
That statement says it all. I've been an iPhone owner from the beginning with the 2G, 3GS, and now iP4. They've all just worked and the next one was always better then the last one. But the one thing that made it complete was Cut & Paste, along with the App Store. After adding that feature set IMO the phone was complete, staple, fast and just worked right out the box. I'm with TEAM PURE all the way with my iPhone. Now the iPad is another story. It keeps crying out to me to be Jailbroken. Really starting to creep me out (LOL :)).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
very good point, in fact that is what i ran into last night. so there i was sitting at my laptop ready to restore/re-jb and that's when i decided to update to 4.3 and actually give it a go (again) for real..

i am going to wait for the untethered 4.3 jailbreak to be available (bug-free) along with my favorite JB apps/tweaks to be updated (whenever that may be) and even then i'll have to see where i am at with all of this Team Pure stuff :D

it's going to be weird but i figured it might be a nice break :)

:eek: say it aint so Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
:eek: say it aint so Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL

yes, it is so.. haha! i do miss LockInfo, biteSMS and FullScreen Safari--BAD!

my battery life has been surprisingly decent considering all the drama that i have been reading here and everywhere else. so if it gets better than this it's definitely a Win situation for me

swipe to unlock issue simply does not happen that often for me..

i guess in a weird way it has been nice not having to micro-manage. i will be anxious to see if i can maintain this decent battery performance (or better) with the "new jailbreak" & setup..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL have fun you know I'm in the same boat but a whole whack of bugs have annoyed the crap out of me so I"m not sure how much longer I can take this. So a new question for all the people who have posted so far, do you experience any of the bugs? if you do how frustrating is it? how does it play into your "It just works"? I wish Apple would just continue to sign the previous firmware every time they release a new one. I would downgrade to 4.2 in a heartbeat if I could right now.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL have fun you know I'm in the same boat but a whole whack of bugs have annoyed the crap out of me so I"m not sure how much longer I can take this. So a new question for all the people who have posted so far, do you experience any of the bugs? if you do how frustrating is it? how does it play into your "It just works"? I wish Apple would just continue to sign the previous firmware every time they release a new one. I would downgrade to 4.2 in a heartbeat if I could right now.

I'm good for now. I never really had a problem with the firmware outside of the 2G phone when the 3G first came out. Can't remember the version number but wasn't as snappy. But to Apple's credit they came out with a patch quickly.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been JB before but I noticed the sudden speed drop the random springboard crashes and cydia apps are sp unpredictable they may not (even if they say they do) once an update turned an app into an IPhone killer then ended up with a bricked iPhone plus whats all this nonsense about being abler to live without improved notifications yet I download lock info I have for a few months then when I unJB I nearly noticed a difference as everything is already covered just in a different perfectly fine way os sob story no diffence high/easy break rate that is why there is no point in having a JB DEVICE