I've gone pure since I couldn't restore 4.2 and hand no choice and upgraded to 4.3. I've been mobile banking and purchasing more on my iPhone and was wondering security issues with jailbreaking?
    03-18-2011 10:47 AM
    Looks like vanilla is not so bad...must have caramel n sprinkles on it.
    03-18-2011 11:01 AM
    I've gone pure since I couldn't restore 4.2 and hand no choice and upgraded to 4.3. I've been mobile banking and purchasing more on my iPhone and was wondering security issues with jailbreaking?
    I don't think there are any real security issues with jailbreaking (at lest no new ones )
    03-18-2011 11:22 AM
    I jailbroke my i4 a few times. It was cool, but i like the peace of mind of applecare.
    03-18-2011 12:03 PM
    I use to JB much more before iOS 4.0 as I wanted to change my wallpapers. Now, I really dont care. I dont run themes and I hardly ever used any of the JB apps. Also, my iPhone has always performed better running pure so I just dont see the point anymore.
    03-18-2011 12:33 PM
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 using greenpois0n. It became really unstable, with the battery draining at almost a percent per minute. It would freeze, and once it even shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I had to put it into DFU mode to restore it. After that, I went pure again. I'm sure those were just freak occurrences, but the jailbreak didn't really offer me any functionality that I felt I really needed.
    03-18-2011 12:36 PM
    With AT&T sending emails to mywi users, there's even less appeal.
    03-18-2011 01:29 PM
    With AT&T sending emails to mywi users, there's even less appeal.
    Did I miss something?!
    03-18-2011 01:32 PM
    AT&T aggressively moving against unauthorized tethering

users can either terminate their unauthorized tethering usage before March 27, or they will be automatically moved to AT&T's DataPro plan
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    03-18-2011 01:39 PM
    Yeah, those bastards, trying to protect their business and get their users to follow their ToS!

Wait...
    03-18-2011 02:58 PM
    Wow some crazy good points I really enjoyed reading through all the reasons and like BLiNK said I'm glad no one was putting it as if Pure is the better and only way. I have been on both sides of the fence my iPhone 4 right now is on 4.3 stock so it's not that I'm against it but if there is a JB I'd rather be JBen personally. I don't buy into the battery drain issues especially because I've had real issues on vanilla firmware multiple times just recently my 4.3 but love the reasons so far.
    I am seeing my battery life get worse by the day with 4.3 it seems.
    03-18-2011 03:14 PM
    I am seeing my battery life get worse by the day with 4.3 it seems.
    Yeah I had to restore my phone yesterday and so far the battery seems to be back to normal. I also like to shut my phone down on the weekend, I plug it in to charge then turn the phone off so it charges while the phone is off for four or five hours. I found that it feels like it makes a difference. This could just be mind over matter lol

chirmer I would comment but I'll do that in the other AT&T vs MyWi thread since I don't want to hijack my own thread.
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    03-18-2011 04:13 PM
    I rooted a lot of android phones, and I jailbroke my iphone.. I just went back to stock this morning. I'll need some convincing to jailbreak. I didn't do any themes or anything, just some basic stuff. It seems like everytime I jailbreak, I read a bad jailbreak story.
    03-18-2011 04:48 PM
    team pure!
    03-19-2011 12:40 PM
    I J/B'd for Mywi... (((sigh))) Don't laugh! If I have to give that up, I'll go #TeamPure again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-2011 01:01 PM
    I have done both, I prefer Team Pure at this time ... Phone runs smoother and I get better battery life. Loved Mywi, however Personal Hotspot feature works just as well.. and worth the extra $20 IMO.
    03-19-2011 01:06 PM
    I rooted a lot of android phones, and I jailbroke my iphone.. I just went back to stock this morning. I'll need some convincing to jailbreak. I didn't do any themes or anything, just some basic stuff. It seems like everytime I jailbreak, I read a bad jailbreak story.
    same here bro i used to jailberak my iphone 3gs and 3g and my ipod touch but kinda 2 scared 2 jailbreak iphone 4
    03-19-2011 01:45 PM
    I wont JB until my iP4 can't do what I need it to. So far it has done everything I needed or wanted it to.
    03-19-2011 05:53 PM
    Just having a system wide notification system is worth jailbreaking alone for, I don't know how people stay stock with all the free and amazing tweaks available.
    03-19-2011 08:27 PM
    Just having a system wide notification system is worth jailbreaking alone for, I don't know how people stay stock with all the free and amazing tweaks available.
    What system wide notification system?
    03-19-2011 09:09 PM
    What system wide notification system?
    There's a few, I use Notified Pro which isn't free, but it's worth 2.99 to get rid of the annoying blue pop-ups once and for all, it has an Android-like pull down from the status bar. There's also a free version, and mobile notifier which is free.
    03-19-2011 10:28 PM
    I might be crazy but I like the blue pop ups and I don't want my iPhone to resemble an Android in any way shape or form, I really disliked my Android..
    03-19-2011 11:20 PM
    I might be crazy but I like the blue pop ups and I don't want my iPhone to resemble an Android in any way shape or form, I really disliked my Android..
    Same for me! Cept I never had an Android... I just like my phone to look like an iPhone. I think we're a vast minority, those of us who love the blue popups haha.
    03-19-2011 11:45 PM
    If resembling an Android means having a great notification system in place of Apple's horrible, intrusive, industry worst notification system who cares? I don't see any point in limiting what our phones can do because it might resemble something else. Notifications is something Apple has so far failed at, others have got it right, jailbreaking allows us to fix it so we don't have to wait for Apple to get around to it someday.

When I've restored my phone for a new OS update, is when I've really realized how bad it is, I don't think I could own an Iphone if I couldn't JB it. Same thing goes for text messages, it's nice not to be kicked out of your game, or whatever you might happen to be doing to reply to a text.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, devs are constantly coming out with new tweaks that Apple won't allow in the app store.

Hopefully they fix the notifications and the lack of quick reply in iOS5.
    03-20-2011 02:43 AM
    My reasons for staying pure on my iPhone is just that, with one exception (notifications), iOS 4 already does everything I want it to.

I am not opposed to jailbreaking. My first gen iPod touch was jailbroken around the iOS 3 launch. The only thing I did was add multitasking, which made my battery suffer.

My palm pre I homebrewed on day two. Pretty much just to make it look/behave more iOS like.

That said, I wouldn't jailbreak if SJ said to tomorrow. I love the phone the was it is, and the lockinfo and other notification mods I've seen don't appeal to me. Really, that is one thing I miss from my pre. It wasn't perfect (would at times jumble the display, the swipes wouldn't always clear correctly) but was much better than what we have on iOS.

Since the lead designer os the webOS notification system now works for Apple, I think this will be addressed in iOS 5. And I fully expect Apple to improve upon the webOS way.
    03-20-2011 08:50 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD