New to Iphone and wow, destroys my old droid.

nygiants10

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a Motorola 1st gen droid, and a DroidX, after 2 days with the Iphone i dont see how i had a android phone for two years. No more force closes, laggy UI, battery pulling, i believe i am apple for life now. Buying a Ipad tomorrow, i love apple

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, came from a Droid and an X and this thing is amazing! I didn't even have that many problems with my X but the ease of use and the 'just works' feeling are great, and the way better camera doesn't hurt either. App selection is way more varied too.

nygiants10

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, came from a Droid and an X and this thing is amazing! I didn't even have that many problems with my X but the ease of use and the 'just works' feeling are great, and the way better camera doesn't hurt either. App selection is way more varied too.

The camera on iphone is amazing, it actually takes the picture when i want it to, no more waiting 3-10 seconds.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand/agree! I went from a hater to a full-fledged fanboy in 6 months... traded my BB for an iPhone4; bought an iPad and traded my HP Windows laptop for a MacBook Pro. At this point, I am convinced that Apple rocks!

Welcome to the "dark side"!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have Android too but the iPhone is superior to them all. Its a well built device and no battery pulls required. And yes welcome to the dark side.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My love for Apple started 5 years ago with my first ever iMac, then the iPod(s), then the MacBook Pro, then the Apple TV, then the iPad and now to complete the Apple collection, the ViP4!!! Ahhhhhhh...heaven on earth compared to my awful, laggy, choppy, slow, force closing Android I put up with for 14 months to get me by while waiting for the iPhone...

ViP4...Hands down the best smartphone I've ever owned!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I want an iMac!! But yes, I echo everyone's sentiments. I actually had the 3GS on AT&T and like a dummy, I canceled my AT&T service and got the Original Droid when it came out. I regretted that many times. And now, the year is 2000 and eleven....I suspect I will get another Android in 2000 and NEVER!!

BTW, I owned the original Droid, a Samsung Fascinate, LG Ally, HTC Incredible and lastly a Droid X. Honestly, the Incredible was the best of the bunch. The battery life was horrific, but I always had chargers. But as far as being smooth and least amount of FC/battery pulls, it was actually pretty good. At the top of the list on things I miss from Android is the Google Voice navigation. It was very good. I wish we could get that on the iPhone.

And in between all those Droids I owned, I had a Palm Pre Plus :)

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well I still think Android beats iOS in several key departments. Notifications, deeper level customization and widgets come to mind. However for my tastes, just revamp the notifications. I will take the polish of iOS any day over competing platforms.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree with everything said!! I'm also an official "apple fan" now and will convert from 20+ years of PC use to an iMac this year.

My ViP4 has led me to buy an apple tv (which I love) and now I can't wait for my new 27" iMac !

Apple products are simply put: amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV26

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree with everything said too. I used a HTC Desire HD for less than a day because it was so awful. I don't understand the hype of Android. Think I'm going to change my main laptop to a Macbook!

MattM

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
New to iPhone from a Blackberry

I know it is a little off topic, but I am new to the iPhone 4 coming from a Blackberry device. So far, I like the UI on the iPhone, but I am using the Good application for corporate email, and I am finding that the notifications are very slow and even when I do recieve them, the vibrate function of the iPhone is very weak so I rarely even notice it going off in my pocket. I'm only 4 days in at this point, so I'm going to continue to give it some time to get used to, but so far I'm on the fence wondering if I should revert back to a Blackberry....:confused:

Rusch22

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Have been waiting, like many others, for the Verizon iPhone. Had the Droid first gen and really liked how it had a similar app store etc. Bought the iPhone because I had always wanted it. It is 100x better (as expected). It is fast and the Camera is awesome. Great Photo apps as well. Very glad it came to Verizon :D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I know it is a little off topic, but I am new to the iPhone 4 coming from a Blackberry device. So far, I like the UI on the iPhone, but I am using the Good application for corporate email, and I am finding that the notifications are very slow and even when I do recieve them, the vibrate function of the iPhone is very weak so I rarely even notice it going off in my pocket. I'm only 4 days in at this point, so I'm going to continue to give it some time to get used to, but so far I'm on the fence wondering if I should revert back to a Blackberry....:confused:

Can you not use the regular mail app, setting up your account as an Exchange account?

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah seriously, Android is pretty rudimentary in a lot of areas. About the only thing I think Google engineered better is the clock. That's because DST doesn't mess it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

if you're looking for excuses to go back to a Blackberry you will find them. right now you have what we like to call "BB withdrawal" :D

like Massie has already suggested, try using the Exchange option in settings>mail, way better options

in all i would say definitely give it more time and you will come around to realize that this is the BETTER choice. as far as the not knowing when the phone vibrates.. don't worry, you'll be pulling it out of your pocket so much in a day that it will not matter :)

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a Motorola 1st gen droid, and a DroidX, after 2 days with the Iphone i dont see how i had a android phone for two years. No more force closes, laggy UI, battery pulling, i believe i am apple for life now. Buying a Ipad tomorrow, i love apple

Apple>Droid all day, everyday.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm with the OP coming from BB & thinking who would use anything else to my iPhone 3 then 4. Throw in an iPad as well.

Where I'm not an Apple fan is in the MacOS. My wife uses a really nice iMac with this enormous terrific screen, but the OS still annoys me.

Maybe coming up from UNIX command line has bent my brains in such a way that MacOS doesn't resonate. Anyway, I sure am happy with my iPhone and iPad.

rht_rv

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i use both, i use my android phone as a phone(personally i like it just a small percent better) and i use my 3gs for games. why cant we appreciate both. i WILL be buying an iPad 2 within the week too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen