Who thinks there clock will "spring ahead"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abear1619

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 didn't accept the challenge during the last time change, did yours?
I had to turn off the "set automatically" button until the third day when it magically fixed itself.
Any bets history will repeat itself?:D

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have to catch a plane tomorrow and need to be up early. I guess I'll have to set my alarm extra early just to be safe.

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I rely on my phone and my dogs to make sure that I'm up in time. Unfortunately, the dogs are going to start bugging me for breakfast way too late!

I have "set automatically" set to no on my phone. I think I'll just reset the time before I go to bed and hope for the best.

I wonder if I can change the dogs "set automatically" setting to no. :)

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to check my settings and my clock sprung backwards....hmmmm Hey Apple, I'm in your time zone and it's spring FORWARD.... hahaha to funny!

AM UPDATE:

ViP4 4.2.6 Woke up to find that my iphone had not observed DST, but it had gone forward the 1hour it had fallen back, I unlocked the phone and it corrected itself to DST, sooo we are safe to assume a lil hiccup in DST is still present on iPhones running 4.2.6 (non-jb)...

iPad 1G 4.3 Correctly changed to DST at 2am

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it would help to put your firmware version for anyone that does or doesn't have trouble. I'm betting there wont be a problem for anyone on 4.3

LOL funny enough after I posted this I noticed my iPad on iOS 4.2 is saying 3:27AM when last time I looked it was 1:57 ish. I was like :eek: I have been on for over 2 hours lol. So there's your answer :D

Last edited:

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone just "sprung" the wrong way...

So, daylight savings time is tonight and my iPhone just changed...backwards...anyone else get this? I'm in Mountain Time so it should be 12:33 am until the change. Screenshot attached.

twizler3

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Phoenix DST Bug?

I live in Phoenix, AZ and we do not observe DST but even though I have my iPhone to set the time automatically it still rolls the clock back an hour. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I suggest waiting until DST takes effect in the areas that observe DST to see if it works it out, and follow this thread already started for possible answers, afterwards..http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/208574-who-thinks-there-clock-will-spring-ahead.htmlcorrect,

I don't know about springing forward, mine suddenly fell back, so it's an hour behind the other clocks and my alarm clock which was set forward an hour because I am travelling tonight at 1.45 so time changes while I am driving, is now 2 hours ahead of the clock, so I have hope that it corrects itself. In the mean time I have switched to the time being manually set to what it should be when the clocks go forward and will hope for the best.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. My time automatically changed one hour ahead. I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T with the 4.3 iOS update. This is originating from Cali.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went to bed last night about 11 Eastern, set the alarm clock in my room ahead the hour. Woke up at 7 AM, and my Verizon iPhone said it was 6 AM. Oddly, when I go to settings, turn off Automatically adjust time, it corrects itself to the correct time. But turning automatic adjustment turns the time back again. So the issue that was present in 4.2.1 is still present in 4.2.6. Anyone know if this is fixed in 4.3?

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 4 here (4.2.6) and my clock did not spring forward. Am I correct in assuming it is fixed in 4.3 bizfox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods