How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

green7o7o

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new Mac. My iPhone contacts are extensive and complete. I understand that if I want to sync the computer and the IPhone, I must make sure the computer is the source since all existing info on the iPhone will be overwritten.
I don't know what to do.Who can help me?
Thank you for any help!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you connect it to iTunes go to the Summary or info screen and near the bottom is the setting to either overwrite the computer with the iPhone info or the other way around can you tell me which one it is? I can't remember off hand.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Info screen, advanced box at the bottom - but that is for checking to replace everything on the phone from the computer on the next sync... what the OP needs to do is just hook up to the Mac, open iTunes, and sync - it should just take everything on the phone, and put it on the Mac.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i have my contacts on the iphone(4.3.3) synced with the address book of my mac(10.6.8)... everytime i add new contacts on my phone. does itunes update the address book on the mac?? ie when i plug into itunes to update music/apps etc?

is there a way to set itunes to automatically add all the new contacts on the phone..to my mac?
so that there is always an updated backup available.

thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you have contact syncing enabled (Info/Contacts) in iTunes, then it should. You can also do the MobileMe sync (if you have it MM), Google and soon, iCloud. All of these options (MobileMe, Google and iCloud) can/will do wireless sync... so the information that you have configured for these services will always be current on all devices that are set up on the service.

Reactions: ckalli

backuper

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have ever use iMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer is designed to back up all files from iPhone to Mac, including SMS messages&contacts,Call list,games,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

URL= www#mustsoftware#com

(Note:Please instend of # by . and copy the URL in your browser)

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
fds.jpg
this img may help you how to sync contacts from iphone to Mac

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow talk about a blast from the past, so people are still asking about this with iCloud? isn't this type of question a thing of the past?

rileyfletcher

May 8, 2013
Visit site
First of all install this software “iPhone to Mac Transfer”
Once you install the software, connect the iPhone to Mac, now run the software.
You will see the list in which all iPad items are shown such as Music, video, photo, book, contacts etc…
Now simply click on Contact icon in the iPhone list, you can view the person’s name with mobile, phone & email details on contact. Before transfer any contact you need to choose one or more contacts from the contact list. And after that press Export checked files to local button and select a target destination to start iPhone contacts to Mac transferring. After few min’s, all contacts are stored on Mac as .TXT and .CSV files.
Finally run the Address book on Mac, add import .CSV files than you can view all contact lists on the address book screen.

Gud Luck…!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it is safe to assume that there is enough information on this page to show how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice