Removing pictures manually?

ca3sar#IM

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Removing pictures manually?

Ive synched pictures through itunes and now need to remove them from the phone. Thing is that there is no delete option on the phone and when i use synch in itunes it wants me to remove apps. Is there a way around this? I manage my music manually through itunes and dont synch also.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You don't sync photos with iTunes so you need to make sure you actually have the photos from your camera roll on your computer.

Do you have Windows or a Mac?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
sting7k - huh????

Of course you sync photos with iTunes. There is a tab for photos. If you want to remove a photo that you've been syncing, you need to remove it from the folder you sync, or remove the folder from those that you sync.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
sting7k - huh????

Of course you sync photos with iTunes. There is a tab for photos. If you want to remove a photo that you've been syncing, you need to remove it from the folder you sync, or remove the folder from those that you sync.

That syncs photos from computer to iPhone though. It sounds like he wants photos from iPhone to computer and then delete off the camera roll.

Am I reading it wrong? I think I might be now.

ca3sar#IM

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to keep camer roll. But all other folders i want to remove. An itunes makes me remove apps which i dont want to even when i have it unselected.

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So you want to have the folders on your computer, but not on your phone? With iTunes not running, try dragging the folders from where iTunes is keeping them to some other location on your computer. Then sync again and iTunes will probably ask you if you want to delete those from your iPod, since it can't see them on your computer anymore.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
. . . . . . it is pretty ridiculous that the iPhone will not let you delete a photo (other than those on the camera roll) from the iPhone itself . . . never understood the reason for this

LifewareSolutions

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
. . . . . . it is pretty ridiculous that the iPhone will not let you delete a photo (other than those on the camera roll) from the iPhone itself . . . never understood the reason for this

Neither did I, some stuff are just difficult to explain. (e.g why do I have to sync iTunes & iPhone to be able to write reviews? There is no explanation... The system is far from perfect)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2