I noticed when I updated to 4.3 on my 3GS that the vibrate feels different. I leave my phone on vibrate only for about 4/5 of the day so I definitely noticed. It used to be one short vibration. The new vibrate hits fast twice BOOMBOOM.

Small detail I know. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it in the update?
    03-09-2011 06:25 PM
    Yeah, the vibration is definitely more noticeable for SMS but I haven't had a phone call. I'll have to check that after my iPhone finishes its restore.
    03-09-2011 06:31 PM
    VIbrates twice on SMS only.
    03-09-2011 06:37 PM
    i don't have 4.3 yet but there will be sometimes when i plug my iPhone 4 into the charger and the vibrator will vibrate in two different "tones" i hope people know what i mean i cant explain it lol
    03-09-2011 07:32 PM
    lol, this is groundbreaking stuff for Apple (not joking)
    03-09-2011 07:42 PM
    lol, this is groundbreaking stuff for Apple (not joking)
    Isn't it? I'm furious they didn't mention it in the update description.
    03-09-2011 09:38 PM
    I definitely noticed the vibration change. Sort of a short vibrate followed by a longer one. I think it's great to be able to tell the difference between when you get an SMS and and email.

Now if there were only settings that we could customize on our own. Individual vibrate patterns based on sender? I am asking too much...
    03-23-2011 11:52 AM
    @tnjreese haha yeah asking way too much. Kinda like asking for wallpaper and battery meter on a 3G, or asking for more text tones on a 3GS...
    03-23-2011 02:04 PM
    Now if there were only settings that we could customize on our own. Individual vibrate patterns based on sender? I am asking too much...
    If you're jailbroken, look at Vibrafications.
    03-23-2011 02:53 PM
    If you're jailbroken, look at Vibrafications.

Massie, have you tried this? i briefly used the free version but ran into an issue..

the vibraficiation tweak allows sms to vibrate twice but it was vibrating like 2.5-3 times. the only thing i can think of is that the native vibration was trying work as well as the tweak, very annoying
    03-23-2011 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD