Does anyone know why Verizon is not showing an update to 4.3??
    03-09-2011 02:19 PM
    No we don't. That's just the way it is right now.
    03-09-2011 02:21 PM
    Maybe there are not enough "new" things on iOS 4.3 that we need the update. Verizon all ready has the Hotspot feature. That is the one big thing iOS 4.3 is giving to people. I could see us getting an update later this year.
    03-09-2011 02:27 PM
    Verizon doesn't have the update...yet. When the iPhone came out for Verizon, it came with iOS 4.2.6 i believe, and AT&T still had 4.2, so AT&T got 4.3 first to catch up to where Verizon is. I'm sure Verizon will get a 4.3 similar though.
    03-09-2011 02:28 PM
    At this momoent, 4.3 is for all iOS devices 3GS and newer except CDMA until Apple announces further
    03-09-2011 02:33 PM
    There are plenty of posts regarding this, please check them out..
    03-09-2011 03:07 PM
    At this momoent, 4.3 is for all iOS devices 3GS and newer except CDMA until Apple announces further
    Well it will be available for the CDMA iPad 2 as there is no distinction like there is for the iPhone on the Apple site. So technically it is available for one CDMA device at the time.

If it's available for the VZW iPad on release, there must be some specific reason why it's delayed as it is a very minor update after 4.2.6.
    03-09-2011 03:23 PM
    There are plenty of posts regarding this, please check them out..
    Why go out of your way to post this, especially without posting links?
    03-09-2011 03:31 PM
    Some people (like the OP) are too lazy or not familiatr with forum etiquette to read the threads or do a search before posting!! And your statement is not very usefull either Here is the link to the long thread that she was referring to:

http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone...3-verizon.html
    03-09-2011 03:58 PM
    It's no wonder we have good people leaving this site because of all the personal attacks and insults towards others. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all! And If you think the question is stupid don't waste your precious time typing a stupid answer, because there are always new users out there with questions that those of us who have been around a while might take as a dumb question but they still need an answer. NOT attacked!
    BLiNK, kch50428, RC28 and 4 others like this.
    03-09-2011 04:09 PM
    Well it will be available for the CDMA iPad 2 as there is no distinction like there is for the iPhone on the Apple site. So technically it is available for one CDMA device at the time.

If it's available for the VZW iPad on release, there must be some specific reason why it's delayed as it is a very minor update after 4.2.6.
    I forgot about the iPad but at the keynote that Mr Jobs presented, it stated GSM only for iPhone for 4.3. there are a few nice features but the one Im impressed with most is nitro javascript in Safari Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update
    03-09-2011 04:23 PM
    The link has now been posted, there are a few others floating around also regarding this topic, it really isn't anyones responsibility to do a search for someone else, and if the post I was referring to wasn't listed on the first page I would have actually looked it up..

It is the OP responsibility to do a search prior to posting a new thread or at minimum scroll down the first page of the forum for "current topics" according to the GENERAL POSTING GUIDELINES listed above and helpful to other readers. Because a thread started with the same topic as another one bumps another thread to a further page, it is forum etiquette per say..

I don't think anyone attacked anyone in this thread, I simply redirected, and that's ok..
    Last edited by CalifJewls; 03-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    generik777 likes this.
    03-09-2011 04:50 PM
    The link has now been posted, there are a few others floating around also regarding this topic, it really isn't anyones responsibility to do a search for someone else, and if the post I was referring to wasn't listed on the first page I would have actually looked it up..

It is the OP responsibility to do a search prior to posting a new thread or at minimum scroll down the first page of the forum for "current topics" according to the GENERAL POSTING GUIDELINES listed above and helpful to other readers. Because a thread started with the same topic as another one bumps another thread to a further page, it is forum etiquette per say..

I don't think anyone attacked anyone in this thread, I simply redirected, and that's ok..

WOW forum police, give me a break. If you wanted to be helpful you could have posted some links, instead you just post to put someone down. Waste of forum space.
    03-09-2011 05:00 PM
    Actually, no, seeing this same topic in 5 threads this week IS wasting forum space.

If she is like me and surfing at work via iPhone, should it really be her job to search because the OP is lazy?

No offense intended to all the lazies out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2011 05:04 PM
    So can anyone tell me, if I have a jailbroken phone and I upgrade, does it wipe out my jailbreak and the apps? Is so, no thanks on an upgrade. LOL
    03-09-2011 05:10 PM
    So can anyone tell me, if I have a jailbroken phone and I upgrade, does it wipe out my jailbreak and the apps? Is so, no thanks on an upgrade. LOL
    Yes, if you are jailbroken, you have to wait until there is a new jailbreak each time Apple releases a new iOS update. Otherwise, as you stated, you will lose your jailbreak and apps.
    shimojunk likes this.
    03-09-2011 05:12 PM
    restore your phone first if your jailbroken. What we call virginize. Never install a new OS over a JB or you may have problems. For example, I did that once and my data would no longer work until a restore back to factory was complete
    shimojunk and tourstagefan like this.
    03-09-2011 05:23 PM
    I forgot about the iPad but at the keynote that Mr Jobs presented, it stated GSM only for iPhone for 4.3. there are a few nice features but the one Im impressed with most is nitro javascript in Safari Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update
    That's the same feature I am looking forwards too. With no home Internet safari has become my best friend. Maybe some comparisons will pop up soon showing the real world speed boost.
    03-09-2011 06:17 PM
    I'm just guessing here, but i'm willing to bet that Verizon customers won't see an ios 4.3 update until the release of the iphone 5 in June which will likely have 4.3 on it? Again just a guess.
    03-09-2011 07:55 PM
    It's no wonder we have good people leaving this site because of all the personal attacks and insults towards others.

Aww man....I missed all the fun? Damn. Oh well. Apple has gone on record and stated they will likely converge in the future.

Hands on photos with the iPad 2, reader questions answered
    03-09-2011 08:45 PM
    I'm just guessing here, but i'm willing to bet that Verizon customers won't see an ios 4.3 update until the release of the iphone 5 in June which will likely have 4.3 on it? Again just a guess.
    IMO, that is a horrible call lol. You really think Apple will treat the CDMA version like it doesn't exist? We will get it but it might be 4.3.1 or so until they converge. By June we will be anticipating iOS 5! All carriers
    03-09-2011 10:13 PM
    IMO, that is a horrible call lol. You really think Apple will treat the CDMA version like it doesn't exist? We will get it but it might be 4.3.1 or so until they converge. By June we will be anticipating iOS 5! All carriers
    For what its worth, when i posted this i was unaware of the ios 5, so yes this post is incorrect. What it should've read is what you've said. Oh, and cool the attitude.
    03-12-2011 09:16 AM
    For what its worth, when i posted this i was unaware of the ios 5, so yes this post is incorrect. What it should've read is what you've said. Oh, and cool the attitude.
    I never post with an attitude (maybe until now) That was an excitement statement since you couldn't pick up on that. What it should have read and "did" read are two separate things. How do you own an iphone and not know about iOS release cycles??!?!?! haha jk

Anyways, back on topic or actually, can this thread get locked since we already have one about this?
    03-12-2011 10:47 AM
    epphllps - it's all good. Reason i don't know about ios releases, is i'm a noob to ios and apple This is my first iphone.
    03-12-2011 01:11 PM
    There's really nothing fancy in 4.3 anyway, nothing I need anyway.
    03-12-2011 01:39 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD