I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
who doesn't have an Iphone yet...but stalks this forum religiously.

I'm trying to hold out till the 5th version as TMO is cutting off data service on the phone I have now as they will no longer be supporting it as of May 30th. But, I don't know if I can.

I just want to say thanks for all the helpful posts. I'm hoping to be a pro when I finally do get mine.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yes you are :D now it's time to change that ;) LOL just playing there are lots I'm sure people are on here all the time without owning an iPhone.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
My in law has a sidekick and she is that as an opportunity to end her contract with T-Mobile without incurring an ETF. All T-mobile sidekick users who want to end contract without ETF has to do it between March 31st and May 31st.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it would be wise to wait until this summer, to see what Apple unveils. I think purchasing a iPhone 4, either the GSM or CDMA variant, right now, although not necessarily a terrible thing, would put you in the position of having an outdated piece of hardware three months from now. The iPhone 4 has had its share of issues, too, and rumors are (and they're only that) the antenna issues plagued by having an externally-exposed antenna will go away if/when they move it back inside the housing, behind the Apple logo. I know I'm holding off until this summer, my 3GS works just fine, and the 4 is the first phone I've skipped since the original 2G iPhone. I'll also be close to out of contract by then and can look at better options.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Indeed I do have a SK and believe it or not I still love it. I've had the Ipod Touch (2nd Gen) to help with the Iphone craving.

I'm leaning towards not waiting and by the time my contract is up, there will be the Iphone 6.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My in law has a sidekick and she is that as an opportunity to end her contract with T-Mobile without incurring an ETF. All T-mobile sidekick users who want to end contract without ETF has to do it between March 31st and May 31st.

I've been on month to month for some time. So I won't incur any fees.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Your contract won't be up when iPhone 6 comes out. It'll be up just before iPhone 7 comes out. In any case, it's definitely worth it to wait. iOS 5 is going to bring some awesome new features, and there will definitely be features that only the iPhone 5 will be able to use. I STRONGLY suggest that you wait. It's only a 1-2 month wait after you cancel your contract in May.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't want to be left hanging without a phone for 2 months and who knows if it will be released then. I realize they have a track record...but...

It so annoys me to no end how fast they put out new phones. Luckily, I usually hold on to my phones for at least 2 years anyway before upgrading.

It would be nice to hang on till version 5 just for the antenna fix that will most like be included...as I will probably go with AT&T since the phone can be used internationally.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It would be nice to hang on till version 5 just for the antenna fix that will most like be included...

There is no antenna issue. Otherwise users worldwide would be in uproar. It's an issue with low initial signal from AT&T. I am sure their engineers took human contact into consideration.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
There is no antenna issue. Otherwise users worldwide would be in uproar. It's an issue with low initial signal from AT&T. I am sure their engineers took human contact into consideration.

My bad....I thought there was a big stink about dropping calls by holding the phone a certain way because of the antenna and you had to get a special case so this wouldn't happen.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It so annoys me to no end how fast they put out new phones. Luckily, I usually hold on to my phones for at least 2 years anyway before upgrading.

Wow you definitely wouldn't be the model Android customer LOL they release new phones like every other day sheesh.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow you definitely wouldn't be the model Android customer LOL they release new phones like every other day sheesh.

When I was researching Android phones it just gave me a headache there were so many I gave up and decided the Iphone was the one I was going to go with.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
who doesn't have an Iphone yet...but stalks this forum religiously.

I'm trying to hold out till the 5th version as TMO is cutting off data service on the phone I have now as they will no longer be supporting it as of May 30th. But, I don't know if I can.

I just want to say thanks for all the helpful posts. I'm hoping to be a pro when I finally do get mine.

I don't have an iPhone yet either, but I'm getting it this weekend and i'm really excited cause i feel like that wait has been an eternity, and to wait till the iPhone 5, would be too long of a wait for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone yet either, but I'm getting it this weekend and i'm really excited cause i feel like that wait has been an eternity, and to wait till the iPhone 5, would be too long of a wait for me.

are you going to get a case for it?

what about a screen protector?

any plans on jailbreaking it?

what if you drop it while walking out of the store?? :D

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Once I was fed up enough with my blackberry and decided to finally go with the iPhone, I decided to wait for the iPhone 4. I thought about getting a 3Gs to tie me over, but they were still pretty expensive back then. I even tried swapping my 9700 for a 3Gs on craigslist. Now I know why nobody would want to trade. Loving my iPhone.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
are you going to get a case for it?

what about a screen protector?

any plans on jailbreaking it?

what if you drop it while walking out of the store?? :D

Whoa whoa whoa! What's with all the questions? lol

I am getting a case for it, i'll prob get a bumper for now, but then either get the Barely there case or Pop case.

I'll def get a screen protector

Prob won't jailbreak it until i get bored of the phone

Don't even joke around.
I feel like you're making fun of me lmaooo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW