Okay...so screen protector or not?

Dcnc

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the general thoughts and experiences for using a screen protector for your iPhone 4? I have always used one out of fear but recently found a case that I like but it pushes up the sides of the screen protector. So now do I keep searching for a new case or go screen protector less? (I never mix my phone with my keys and keep it in a padded case in my purse.) What the thoughts and experiences of the forum?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
ive had my phone since launch and have no scratch on the screen and have never used a screen protector. i have accidently thrown my phone into some stuff and luckily, without breaking it, and it didnt scratch the screen. have also had a tv remote thrown onto the screen without any scratch or damage. the back of my phone does have scratches though but thats because much like my ex girlfriend it lays on its back often lol. that and screen protectors suck to put on and almost always have annoying bubbles...at least i cant ever put them on there without them

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First, there are a million and a half threads on the forums about this, and this is posted in the wrong forum. . . But since it's already here, I would just keep the screen protector on until it falls off or gets annoying, but once it comes off, just leave it off.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zagg Invisible Skin on mine and then a Speck CandyShell hard case as well, AND a padded fabric pouch. As does my husband. Though I am looking for a slightly more manly padded pouch for the boy. I never buy a case that won't work with a skin for the screen.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I use a case with no screen protector while I'm at work and run naked at home. Now I've only had my i4 for a week, but I've had my 2g ipod for a long time. My iPod has ended up in my pocked with keys and change on occasion, but has 0 scratches.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I never put screen protectors, or cases on any of my phones. They are always naked. I love the way a naked phone looks. Especially the iPhone.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a personal preference, but I'm picky so I had a Zagg on mine the first day.

Last edited:

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
With the iphone 4 - no. The glass on the back will scratch so if you have a problem with that then the zagg protector is good there.

I keep mine in a pocket by itself so no significant need for protection.

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I got a few scratches on the back of my phone, none on the front but since then, I put the invisibleshield on front and back. Dont like it on the front but I just dont want scratches.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Depends on how well you want to protect it

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Depends on how well you want to protect it

How does it compare to Gorilla Glass? I've had my Droid X without a screen protector since September when I got it, and it has ZERO scratches on it. Still looks brand new. I carry it in my pocket without anything else in my pocket. I'm just wondering if I could do this with an iPhone as well. I really HATE screen protectors. No matter what, I always F it up and it looks like shizz.

charlie3819

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I bought my iPhone 4, it's been naked. My old iPhone 3G without any service on it though...I've dropped that phone 5 times when I was actually using it. I had a case and screen protector on it. Then the screen protector wore out and I took off the case to take off the screen protector. A couple of months later I bought the iPhone 4. I've had both phones naked and the iPhone 4 nor the 3G have one scratch. No screen protector needed :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711