Features I miss from Blackberry

Milton

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does iPhone have speed dial or autotext? Just a couple of features I miss from Blackberry. If these features exist, how do I find them?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
"speed dial" on the iPhone is accomplished by "favorites". It gives you similar 1 touch dialing. Tap the phone app, tap "Favorites" and tap the persons name.

Reactions: Milton

Milton

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Autotext is where you can enter just a few characters to a predetermined string. For example, "ttyl" would come up as talk to you later. You would set up the string yourself.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The first few times you spell something it does not recognize as a word it suggests a word to replace it, after you continue to use it and ignore the suggestion it will use your spelling...not sure it will predict text slang...

Milton

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The first few times you spell something it does not recognize as a word it suggests a word to replace it, after you continue to use it and ignore the suggestion it will use your spelling...not sure it will predict text slang...

I used ttyl as an example.bWhat I'm looking to do is write something that I can type quickly but may be very routine. For example, I used to type "ccc" and the text that I programmed for that was "In the car. Can't reply." I didn't think iPhone has that feature but I had to ask.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Nothing, not even the light. I actually sleep better at night from not seeing that light flashing on the table next to the bed. It also helps knowing that my boss's can only reach me after 6pm by calling me because they know if I have my iPhone sitting on the table next to me, I won't know they emailed be by the light or "level 1 notification tone"

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't miss one thing about my Blackberry. Had the 9000 then the 9700. I can't even imagine missing anything about them.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing, not even the light. I actually sleep better at night from not seeing that light flashing on the table next to the bed. It also helps knowing that my boss's can only reach me after 6pm by calling me because they know if I have my iPhone sitting on the table next to me, I won't know they emailed be by the light or "level 1 notification tone"

i used to have my sound profiles set so that when it was charging (at night), it would disable the LED so i never had the issue you state.

that's another thing i miss...i wish the iphone had "profiles" like the blackberry did in terms of sounds, ringtones, alerts, etc.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Nope the iPhone doesn't have auto text like blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can download [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textexpander/id326180690?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]TextExpander[/URL] from the App Store which does auto text but due to iOS limitations, it only work in the app. They do provide an API for other app devs to implement in their apps but it won't work in the iPhone stock apps.

Now if you jailbreak, you can download Xpandr which will do auto text system wide. It was one of my favorite jailbreak hacks :)

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I miss a couple of things from my blackberry days.

1. Battery life. The 9700 had an awesome battery
2. BBM. I enjoyed knowing if someone had read the message
3. Profiles. I miss being able to customize my sounds based on what I was doing or whom I wanted to allow through
4. Charging cable. Cheaper and easily transferrable.

With that being said, I still wouldn't go back.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see an LED notification implemented on the i5. Also as the poster above me said, the battery life of the 9700 was tremendous. But that's about it. This is my second i4, and I firmly believe it's the best device made.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2