hi so I have a problem with my silent switch as when its turned to silent, it vibrates all the time randomly and will switch between loud and silent.

this is a problem because i keep getting text messages and phone calls in class with the ringer going off because the switch is faulty. I don't want to get in trouble so i was thinking i can just change the settings to vibrate everything and turn off the sounds like on my blackberry

well it seems that i can't, unless im missing it. I can turn the text tone to 'none' but it will not vibrate, useless to me.

i can't even turn the call volume right off, as the lowest setting still plays the sound! thats insane.

is there anyway that i can do this??

in case i rambled, i need to leave the 'silent switch' switched to 'loud' but have no notifications play, but so that the phone vibrates...

or should i look into jailbreaking finally?
    03-08-2011 04:26 PM
    Probably have to jailbreak. And make a custom silent ringtone or SMS sound and put those in place.
    03-08-2011 05:00 PM
    If it's faulty why not just have it replaced, or is it not under warranty?
    03-08-2011 09:38 PM
    its not under warranty anymore its a 3gs...its over a year old, 17 months old

i did a jailbreak, but now i have no idea what to do...this should be fun.
    03-08-2011 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD