So this Saturday, after all this waiting, i am FINALLY getting my iPhone. I have been getting myself all excited for it but watching a million youtube videos, and by participating on these forums. Also, i've been using my iPod Touch alot more because i need something to fill the void. However, my fear now is that i know so much about the phone and everything about it, that it'll be like i'm not even getting a new phone. I feel like i am hyping myself up for it so much, that i'm going to be disappointed once i actually get the phone. . . Did anyone else have this problem or fear this as well?
    03-07-2011 11:51 PM
    i know this has been said a million times already.. can't believe i'm gonna say it too but.. why not wait for the 5? that might help with all the excitement that's building up, IMO
    03-08-2011 12:05 AM
    I know i know, I have put some thought into it, but i also figured that if i get the iPhone 4, that my contract will be up just in time for the iPhone 6 =] but i always also kind of thinking about the HTC Thunderbolt as a possibility, but the only pros there are nicer camera, faster processor, bigger screen, more memory, and the cons are less apps, less battery life, bigger, and it's a droid lmao. just not a huge fan of droids.
    03-08-2011 12:11 AM
    I know i know, I have put some thought into it, but i also figured that if i get the iPhone 4, that my contract will be up just in time for the iPhone 6 =] but i always also kind of thinking about the HTC Thunderbolt as a possibility, but the only pros there are nicer camera, faster processor, bigger screen, more memory, and the cons are less apps, less battery life, bigger, and it's a droid lmao. just not a huge fan of droids.
    Erm what one is it

if you don't like android, then stick with Apple, but at least wait till June. The iPhone 5 may have a larger screen according to rumors. With sales of large screen droids going up, a lot of people love the extra space and jobs will have to create a large screen option, even if it hurts his fellings.

and yes the iTunes app store has more apps, but more does not mean its better. Do you actully need all those apps? I found some great apps on the andropid market that can also be found on the app store. Some are even better designed since they are not tied in to Apple's fisher price looking controls.
    03-08-2011 12:26 AM
    Erm what one is it

if you don't like android, then stick with Apple, but at least wait till June. The iPhone 5 may have a larger screen according to rumors. With sales of large screen droids going up, a lot of people love the extra space and jobs will have to create a large screen option, even if it hurts his fellings.

and yes the iTunes app store has more apps, but more does not mean its better. Do you actully need all those apps? I found some great apps on the andropid market that can also be found on the app store. Some are even better designed since they are not tied in to Apple's fisher price looking controls.
    I like your thinking, but honestly, the thunderbolt is no different than any other droid phone out there. and i dont think i can wait that long for the iPhone 5 lmfaoo
    03-08-2011 12:50 AM
    According to today's news, the rumors are that the iPhone5 will have an aluminum back cover, like the original iPhone. Plus, a larger screen, iOS5, etc.

You've waited this long, it's only 2.5 months until the June Apple press conference.....

Which Droid model are you currently using?
    03-08-2011 01:00 AM
    According to today's news, the unconfirmed and unlikely rumors are that the iPhone5 will have an aluminum back cover, like the original iPhone. Plus, a larger screen
    Fixed Invisible Text
    03-08-2011 01:29 AM
    I was an Android user for a while, and was on Sprint with the Evo. I, too, had an iPod touch and felt I was already familiar with the OS and wondered the same things..... is it any different? My answer to that is yes. The ipod touch is *basically* an iphone, without the phone..... but you are really limited for connectivity. Having an iphone opens up a whole new world of possibilities coming from the ipod touch. You have a whole new world of apps that you can use by having access to a cellular network and being connected all the time. I found myself using my ipod touch for music only, because everything else of interest needed a data connection to be useful, which I did not always have, not to mention GPS etc.

I couldn't wait for the iphone 5, I think it is kinda silly to sit around always waiting for the next big thing, because by the time it is released, there is always something better just around the corner. While the iphone 4 might be last year's technology, it is certainly not going to be obsolete any time soon. I'm just glad that I was able to hop on the band wagon with the iphone 4 instead of being stuck with a 3GS, the front facing camera is a pretty big deal to me, as well as the battery life.

Coming from Android, there are a lot of quirks that drive me nuts, and I am sure you will get frustrated at first as well, but after a week or two, I have really started to enjoy the iphone. For the record, I really really like Android, but feel that the hardware just has not caught up with the software. The OS is awesome, but the handsets are really sub-par IMO compared to the iphone. Apple has really nailed it when it comes to hardware design with the iphone, and battery life is superb compared to the Android handsets available. It was a tough decision for me too, but I am glad I got the iphone, and though I will be excited to see what iOS 5 brings to the table, I will pass on the iphone 5, and be ready for an upgrade when the iphone 6 comes around.

Good luck!
    03-08-2011 09:54 AM
    So this Saturday, after all this waiting, i am FINALLY getting my iPhone. I have been getting myself all excited for it but watching a million youtube videos, and by participating on these forums. Also, i've been using my iPod Touch alot more because i need something to fill the void. However, my fear now is that i know so much about the phone and everything about it, that it'll be like i'm not even getting a new phone. I feel like i am hyping myself up for it so much, that i'm going to be disappointed once i actually get the phone. . . Did anyone else have this problem or fear this as well?
    I also did a lot of research, messed around with a lot of people's iPhones, and built up a lot of iPhone-related knowledge before I first purchased my original iPhone several years ago. My experience was that getting the iPhone was still a wonderful experience, and I found new and exciting things every time I used it for that initial period. I don't think the excitement will have worn thin - you'll still be thrilled when you get your iPhone! There's nothing like "moving in" to your iPhone and really allowing it to become an extension of yourself.
    03-08-2011 10:32 AM
    I also did a lot of research, messed around with a lot of people's iPhones, and built up a lot of iPhone-related knowledge before I first purchased my original iPhone several years ago. My experience was that getting the iPhone was still a wonderful experience, and I found new and exciting things every time I used it for that initial period. I don't think the excitement will have worn thin - you'll still be thrilled when you get your iPhone! There's nothing like "moving in" to your iPhone and really allowing it to become an extension of yourself.
    I hope you're right! I cannot wait for my new phone! I just hope it doesn't get old in a matter of days!
    03-08-2011 11:54 AM
    If it starts to get old, just jailbreak it
    03-08-2011 08:29 PM
    it's better to wait for 5, just 3 more months
    03-08-2011 08:47 PM
    If it starts to get old, just jailbreak it
    Good idea, i'll probably do that down the road.

it's better to wait for 5, just 3 more months
    Are you kidding!? I could barely wait the 3 weeks that i had to do, let alone 3 more months!!!! lmaoo
    03-08-2011 10:33 PM
    Jailbreak right away. If you wait, you will wonder why you waited so long once you actually do it. I feel that the stock iPhone is a good phone, but a jailbroken iPhone is an incredible phone.
    03-09-2011 07:45 AM
    I simply try to buy each iPhone that comes out, one after another. I had the original iPhone, then the iPhone 3G, then I skipped the 3GS and went with the 4. I think I'll get the five when it comes out. Enjoy your phone. You definitely won't be disappointed.
    03-09-2011 08:04 AM
    Your fears are well-founded. I get bored with iOS once in a while and I have a AT&T 3G Nexus One sitting around to try out Android, but I always come back to iOS. I like to be surprised by new announcements--therefore on the day of Apple events, I stay away from blogs, news, etc., the best I can, so I can watch the keynote and find out like everyone else. The excitement of the original iPhone was intense, and sometimes just to remember what a revolution it was, I will watch the original keynote from 2007.
    03-09-2011 11:42 AM
    Enjoy your phone. You definitely won't be disappointed.
    Really true. Don't wanna start discussion comparing OSes, but using right now 3 popular OSes in mobiles i totally agree with quote above.
    03-13-2011 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD