ive been with verizon for a long time now and obviously have the iphone but with previous phones you could block up to 5 numbers for 3 months online for your line for free but now when i go to the same page to do it, it says this feature is not available on this line. umm why? does the iphone not allow you to block numbers???

p.s. whats the best app to block numbers from calling and texting..? thanks so much..
    03-07-2011 09:57 PM
    ive been with verizon for a long time now and obviously have the iphone but with previous phones you could block up to 5 numbers for 3 months online for your line for free but now when i go to the same page to do it, it says this feature is not available on this line. umm why? does the iphone not allow you to block numbers???

p.s. whats the best app to block numbers from calling and texting..? thanks so much..
    I too discovered this fact the 2nd day I had the iPhone. Apparently Apple told Verizon that there are plenty of apps to handle this function, so they did not want Verizon blocking the #s from the network side. I prefer that calls&msgs. are blocked from the network side, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Unfortunately, if you are not jailbroken, the apps I have seen in the iTunes App Store will not cut it. I am jailbroken and use iBlacklist, it works great. It also has some additional features that make it interesting. It gives you the option of sending your blocked callers 1) straight to voicemail 2) gives them a continuous busy signal 3) answers and immed. hangs-up
    03-07-2011 10:05 PM
    I was flabbergasted when I found this out. As many apps that the app store has and not one is a call blocking app. Even android had tons of call blocking apps.
    03-08-2011 10:36 AM
    Here is a way to do it just follow the instructions and you are free.
    Block any phone number on iPhone
    03-08-2011 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD