I have a Motorola Droid, my upgrade is saturday, i always wanted a iphone but have a few questions so i can make my mind up between Iphone 4 or HTC Thunderbolt

1When playing a radio app is the volume pretty loud when you use the phones speakers?

2 IS there any cheap good GPS navigation apps?

3 If i get the 32 GB model, is there a 1 gb app limit or can i use the whole memory stick, android phones always have a app limit seperate from the over all memory.

4 Can i put all these digital copies that come with all the blu rays i buy on the iphone.

5 does the netflix app fill the whole screen when playing movies and does it work well.

6 If i buy a ipad too, do i have to buy thesame apps twice to use on iphone and ipad or just once?

7 Is there a google talk IM app on iphone?

8 Does GMAIL work good on the iphone in getting instant updates when you get a email?

Thanks guys for your time.
    03-07-2011 08:34 PM
    Netflix app works great in full screen mode and on wifi or over 3G, its not the best but better than none (on android) and no you dont have to buy the same apps twice, the purchase record i saved to your itunes account. The speaker volume is great! I dont know o any cheap GPS devices but i heard that the TomTom app works great! Its like $30 via app store.
    03-07-2011 08:42 PM
    I have a Motorola Droid, my upgrade is saturday, i always wanted a iphone but have a few questions so i can make my mind up between Iphone 4 or HTC Thunderbolt

1When playing a radio app is the volume pretty loud when you use the phones speakers?
    Plenty loud

2 IS there any cheap good GPS navigation apps?
    There are lots of great GPS apps available ranging in price from free to $50. You can do a search in the app forum and see lots of comments on many of them.

3 If i get the 32 GB model, is there a 1 gb app limit or can i use the whole memory stick, android phones always have a app limit seperate from the over all memory.
    The operating system takes up a small amount of space, you will not have the whole 32GB to use - this is true even on the hard drive on your pc.

4 Can i put all these digital copies that come with all the blu rays i buy on the iphone.
    Probably not all at once.

5 does the netflix app fill the whole screen when playing movies and does it work well.
    Fills the whole screen, works very well. No stuttering.

6 If i buy a ipad too, do i have to buy thesame apps twice to use on iphone and ipad or just once?
    While many apps have universal binaries, there are still some apps that require a separate purchase for an iPad specific version.

7 Is there a google talk IM app on iphone?
    Again, if you'll search the apps forum, opinions vary. I don't use GTalk a lot, but when I do, I use Beejive.

8 Does GMAIL work good on the iphone in getting instant updates when you get a email?
    As long as you set it up as an Exchange account, it is instant - same as on Android.

Thanks guys for your time.
    You're welcome!
    03-07-2011 08:50 PM
    I found that map quest app works pretty good for gps.
    03-07-2011 09:44 PM
    A new Iphone owner on saturday here thanks you.
    03-07-2011 09:46 PM
    One more question, can i put a divx file of a movie on iphone and will it play?
    03-07-2011 10:24 PM
    You'll have to convert the divx. Take a look at Handbrake for movie conversion.
    03-08-2011 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD