Text Messaging Display Preview Acting Funny??

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
quick question about the text message preview display when you first receive a text message. So everytime a text message comes into my phone it is obviously and always displayed on the screen before i slide the phone to unlock and respond to the text message. But sometimes i notice that when i just slide to unlock the phone i will have a number "1" on my "message" app saying that i have a text message unread. I am wondering why it was not displayed on my phone and i had to find it by unlocking the phone? now i dont know if they text message came in right when i went to lock my phone and put it down but it has only happened a couple times. i am always seeing the text message display but i noticed tonight and a couple nights ago i unlocked the phone and saw the "1" on the message folder. does anyone know what could be going on maybe? maybe the text messages were coming in when i went to lock the phone so it couldnt display fast enough i dunno. any opinions? thanks!

milani

Jul 17, 2008
ambientrings.com
It's one of two things: the network is serving some sort of error and confusing the OS, or, more likely, the OS has a bug. What you are describing (call them "phantom notification badges") has happened to me on many occasions. Sometimes all it takes is to launch and then close out of the app, sometimes you have to kill it from the multitasking dock, and sometimes you just have to wait it out. Either way, it's nothing crucial. If it's really bothering you, you could submit a bug report to Apple and/or attempt to restore your device. That said, I would just ignore it.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i have alot of apps on my phone. whenever i am done using them i just hit the home button and it goes back to the main screen of the phone. how do u actually close apps out so your phone runs faster? also how often should i turn my phone off? ever? what does turning the phone off do to help the phone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner