I have had my iPhone since the 7th of February. I just noticed my home button has sunk in a 16th of an inch or so. I noticed this only when I was looking at my wife's phone which is just fine.

I purchased this phone online from Verizon. Should I just take it to a store?

Not looking forward to having an issue with this phone so soon! I have been very gentle with it. To have is happen to what should be the most durable button on the phone is beyond me.

Anyone else had this issue yet?
    03-07-2011 12:20 AM
    If you have an Apple store near you, take it there. Miles better than VZW.
    03-07-2011 02:19 AM
    Yikes!! Sorry to hear that!
    03-07-2011 09:54 AM
    Sorry to hear that, being that it isn't a common issue that you read about often, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just a silly question, have you recently applied a screen protector? I applied one and thought at first it sunk in then realized the minor thickness added made the button appear ever so slightly sunken in.

Either way, definitely take it to Apple Store if you can, or Verizon Store if no Apple Store is near you. Still within 30 days Apple Store should replace brand new. Worse case scenario Verizon will mail one out to you.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.
    03-07-2011 10:45 AM
    Unfortunately it is not due to the screen protector. And just so I understand correctly. I can take my iPhone to an Apple store. Even though I purchased the phone from Verizon? Thanks for all of your info thus far. This forum is awesome!
    03-07-2011 12:27 PM
    Unfortunately it is not due to the screen protector. And just so I understand correctly. I can take my iPhone to an Apple store. Even though I purchased the phone from Verizon? Thanks for all of your info thus far. This forum is awesome!
    Absolutely, nice thing about Apple Stores is it is Apple. I have bought iPods from Best Buy because of lower prices and brought them into the Apple Store for tech support, they replaced a cable for me one day, and a bad iPod Shuffle. When you registered your iPhone, they got your information for support purposes.
    03-07-2011 01:39 PM
    That is great! I am going to do that this afternoon. Thank you very much for the info DougFNJ. I will report the results after I get this resolved.
    03-07-2011 02:19 PM
    Update: took it to the Apple store. The associate told me that since I got it within 30 days. Apple would swap it out right then. But it may not be a new one?? And he suggested I do take it to the Verizon store.

I go to the Verizon store. After waiting a half an hour. They tell me that the return policy is 14 days not 30. And this starts on the day of the order. Not the day you receive the phone. I told them that obviously the phone was defective. They didn't care. They then told me to take it to the Apple store. I explained that they told me to go to the Verizon store. And then the associate just gave me a blank stare.

So, after 4 hours of running all over town. I guess after dinner I am going back to the Apple store to get a used replacement phone. I think this is all very pathetic customer service from all involved. And I am not at all happy.
    03-07-2011 08:48 PM
    Apple should replace new or refurb either way in most cases refurbs are better than new. This is my fifth iPhone 4.
    03-07-2011 09:18 PM
    Apple should replace new or refurb either way in most cases refurbs are better than new. This is my fifth iPhone 4.
    FIFTH!?!

Why so bloody many if i may ask?
    03-07-2011 09:38 PM
    Update: took it to the Apple store. The associate told me that since I got it within 30 days. Apple would swap it out right then. But it may not be a new one?? And he suggested I do take it to the Verizon store.

I go to the Verizon store. After waiting a half an hour. They tell me that the return policy is 14 days not 30. And this starts on the day of the order. Not the day you receive the phone. I told them that obviously the phone was defective. They didn't care. They then told me to take it to the Apple store. I explained that they told me to go to the Verizon store. And then the associate just gave me a blank stare.

So, after 4 hours of running all over town. I guess after dinner I am going back to the Apple store to get a used replacement phone. I think this is all very pathetic customer service from all involved. And I am not at all happy.
    After reading this i checked mine, and it is sunken far more than my GF's.. I am rather worried now that i know the apple store pulls such tomfoolery!

But regardless i am taking it in..
    03-07-2011 09:41 PM
    Please everyone give me an update on what happens with the sunken in home button. . . Maybe it hasn't sunken in, they're just all a bit different.
    03-08-2011 12:02 AM
    final update: Went back to Apple store. Waited for 1 and a half hours. Got to the Genius bar. The tech looked at it. He had not seen it before. He said that it could have possibly been a run of parts that was off. He then pulled out a new phone. And off I went.

The phone was working well. I wouldn't have ever noticed if I wouldn't have looked at my wifes.

I liked the service at the Genius bar. I did not like the long wait. But, I do know know I can call first. As far as Verizon. They were no help at all.

Thanks for all your help again! Everyone in this forum are great!
    03-08-2011 09:56 AM
    I am going this afternoon, will keep you posted.
    03-08-2011 11:19 AM
    Well after throwing a polite fit they (Apple) replaced it with a new one..
    Even admitted it was a faulty button problem..

Hmm
    03-08-2011 07:17 PM
    Ha! So how does a polite fit go? I will attempt that in the future! Too funny. I wonder how many are like that. We are talking about 1/16 or 1/32 not too noticeable. I guess it was within their tolerances.
    03-08-2011 09:57 PM
    Ha! So how does a polite fit go? I will attempt that in the future! Too funny. I wonder how many are like that. We are talking about 1/16 or 1/32 not too noticeable. I guess it was within their tolerances.
    It's a British thing luv, a colonist wouldn't understand

From HELL!
    03-08-2011 11:38 PM
    I took mine into verizon yesterday because the home button was sunken in much more than my friends and sometimes would be unresponsive. They overnighted a new one and got it today.
    03-09-2011 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD