How to move pictures to a different album?

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to move pictures to a different album? I don't like having my dowloaded wallpapers and pictures grouped together with my camera roll pictures.
Verizon iphone 4 jailbroken

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a Mac or PC? Where do you sync your photos to and/or from on your computer? If your using a Mac your photos are in iPhoto, you manage your albums from iPhoto..

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a Mac or PC? Where do you sync your photos to and/or from on your computer? If your using a Mac your photos are in iPhoto, you manage your albums from iPhoto..

Using a pc, windows vista. I only sync'd my photos once when I first plugged in my iphone for the first time. I have too many pictures on my computer to sync them all. Can I just create a new folder for my iphone called downloads? This should be much more simple.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can, I created a folder in iPhoto (my photo program on my Mac) I drag and drop photos I want on my iPhone into this folder and sync that folder through iTunes..

When you have your iPhone plugged into your computer, go to iTunes, highlight the name of your iPhone in the left side column under devices, click photos in the top bar, place a checkmark next to the album you would like to sync to your iPhone and click "sync"...now this album is on your iPhone.

This is what it looks like on my iPhone..
IMG_0174.png

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can, I created a folder in iPhoto (my photo program on my Mac) I drag and drop photos I want on my iPhone into this folder and sync that folder through iTunes..

When you have your iPhone plugged into your computer, go to iTunes, highlight the name of your iPhone in the left side column under devices, click photos in the top bar, place a checkmark next to the album you would like to sync to your iPhone and click "sync"...now this album is on your iPhone.

This is what it looks like on my iPhone..
IMG_0174.png
First off, thanks. Secondly, I don't think I really know how to use iTunes right. I did what you suggested, and it did sync the photos I wanted into that new folder I created. Then it removed ALL of my other previously sync'd photos. So now it's optimizing around 1000 pictures. Which takes forever. Not to say you're explaining it wrong, I just think I'm not getting how to use itunes.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
No your right on track..

On a track to confusion.

Photos and Iphone are like oil and water, when you check the sync photos with iphoto it removes your photos on the phone.

I have struggled with this... posted a million times and have not gotten anywhere.

I cant understand why this is so complex but it has been the root of many threads in here.

I just use image capture to take photos off the iphone directly into a folder.

As far as managing or adding photos.... good luck

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to move pictures to a different album? I don't like having my dowloaded wallpapers and pictures grouped together with my camera roll pictures.
Verizon iphone 4 jailbroken

Get PhotoAlbums+ in cydia. Allows you to create and move pictures from the camera roll to folders on the fly from your phone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's because photo management in iOS is so damn primitive. I'm glad I honestly don't give a crap about photos other than my camera roll, cause if I did I would absolutely have to switch to android or webos.

I really don't understand why they can't allow on-device album creation and editing. Even if it's because they are keeping the heirarchy identical to your PC, there are things they can do through programming to make sure your on-device management is not affected.

Playlist sync always deletes my new on-device playlists though and apple doesn't seem to care about that either. So annoying.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty simple if your using a Mac, not as easy with a PC, I'm gathering? I haven't used a PC in years..I'm beyond rusty..

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Get PhotoAlbums+ in cydia. Allows you to create and move pictures from the camera roll to folders on the fly from your phone.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure that was what I was looking for. Can't believe it's $5 to do something so simple.

So worth it. I have been using it since it was released and I love being able to manage my photos without using iTunes.

shelberz920

May 8, 2012
Visit site
About pictures

you can make new albums on just your phone with the iphone4s but you can only copy your photo to the new album soa copy still stays in your camera roll album