Feeling Stupid... Please Help

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have read and searched and read some more and I am just about feeling like a complete idiot right now.

I have seen on here that turning off the 3g on your phone will help with your battery life, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. Is that even an option with Verizon?

I got to settings, general,network, but it isnt there. I just have cellular data, data roaming, personal hotspot, vpn and wifi.

Am I missing something? Am I really just stupid??? :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you turn off cellular data, you're cutting it all off. There is NO way to make it fall back on 1xRTT. 3G or nothing.

Last edited:

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Turning cellular data off will kill your 3G along with all data. Cell calls and text msg will still work.

On the Verizon model there is no turn off 3G only.

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have read and searched and read some more and I am just about feeling like a complete idiot right now.

I have seen on here that turning off the 3g on your phone will help with your battery life, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. Is that even an option with Verizon?

I got to settings, general,network, but it isnt there. I just have cellular data, data roaming, personal hotspot, vpn and wifi.

Am I missing something? Am I really just stupid??? :)

BS. 3G uses less battery life than WiFi. You don't need to turn it off. Doing so will make a negligible difference.

jserr1

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the purpose? I don't even think it saves that much battery life. Why bother? I do agree wifi is the killer. It constantly searches for signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner