iOS 4.3 bug reporting/troubleshooting thread

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Vibrating twice...

I've noticed that when I receive a message, and my device is on vibrate, it vibrates, twice. Well, actually, more like one and a half times :)

Anyone else notice this, since installing iOS 4.3?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that when I receive a message, and my device is on vibrate, it vibrates, twice. Well, actually, more like one and a half times :)

Yes it does. It caught me off guard and had to ask CX about it as we had both loaded 4.3 GM. I dont like it

Garz, CX & Navi. All in one thread. All iPhone owners.

Beautiful. :) ;)

lol. Ive been a iPhone user for awhile. Had the 3G, bought 3GS and i$ on release day. I always had a BB too bought kicked RIM to the curb. Now mainly use iPhone but I also just picked up mt first Android device. Its nice but still not a iPhone

Last edited:

Shawn Bouchard

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Safari is definitely faster, the phone screen unlocks much faster, as before if there were multiple apps open there would be a slight hesitation between the completion of my finger swipe, the sound the unlock makes, and the actual phone home screen showing .
One issue I've noticed is that when I open a folder, or multi-tasking there is some lag there for sure. Multi-tasking can take a good half a second to open.
Also, my app store has not changed. I see mention of an updated app store for the update screen, but I have not noticed it.
Is this change only for the ipad?

All comments related to the iPhone4

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Try going to the settings for the app. I believe the option to change it should be there.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
...Also, my app store has not changed. I see mention of an updated app store for the update screen, but I have not noticed it.
Is this change only for the ipad?

All comments related to the iPhone4

Yeah I haven't see the 'Updated' app store either but it's web based, so Apple can change it anytime they want.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I experienced this twice today. I turn my music up via the apple headphones. After three presses with no response the sound goes up for 10 seconds then drops back down. I also can't pause or answer my phone. I reboot and it goes away.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
nope.

ten characters

Yeah, the SMS/MMS are now differentiated by the double vibrate. I don't mind too much but I already know what alert came in 9 out of 10 times by the different sounds. I just wish some devs would let you choose a sound verses the default Tri-tone.

AZ Gizmo

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a problem with any movies I have on my iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.

I have an extensive library of movies that I had ripped from DVDs which used to play quite well with 4.2.1, but after the 4.3 update the only movies I can play are either those that are digital copies that came with DVDs (or directly purchased through iTunes), or movies that only had a 2 channel stereo soundtrack.

All of my movies were ripped with their full multi-channel audio and I had no problems playing them with 4.2.1. Imagine my surprise when I found out I could not hear any audio at all after the 4.3 update.

Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this, and does anyone know of a fix? I really don't relish the idea of having to re-rip all of my movies again to 2 channel stereo just so that I can play them in my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys Have tried again today, and I am not being offered the personal hotspot, any Ideas? I am with Telus. Do you have to have a particular data plan?

Hmmm I'm on Fido and I also don't have the option. I also don't have a data plan but I thought I would atleast see the option it might just be inaccessible.

four4usc

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been extremely bad since I upgraded. Lost 15% in 1 hour of idle time. Anyone else having this problem?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
super fast

I installed 4.3 GM last night. So far its been smooth. Safari is super fast with nitro javascript. My i4 was laggy for the first 10 mins or so but that has gone away. If you have seen any bugs, lets list them below

I agree....Safari is really super fast now. Can't believe it. Makes me want to smile.

ZeTaBYTeS

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
On my iPhone 4: Messages > 'tap a message' > Edit > 'select multiple messages'...

Noticed there's a lag in between selecting one message and the next. It used to be very responsive. Feels like iOS 4 in iPhone 3G.