iOS 4.3 bug reporting/troubleshooting thread

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Every update until now has been OK. With 4.3 my battery life has reduced remarkably.

I have rebooted and also tried a restore. Still drops like a stone.

Bummer.

Last edited:

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Every update until now has been OK. With 4.3 my battery life has reduced remarkably.

I Have rebooted and also tries a restore. Still drops like a stone.

Bummer.

Yep. It is horrible. I woke up, unplugged, opened twitter and 5 minutes later I had lost 6%. Crazy.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I went into Photos yesterday, my camera roll was under the status bar and I could pull it down but it would bounce back up under the status bar. I force closed it and it worked just fine.

I had the same thing happen to me. Resolved it the same was too.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I turned off ping, but it's made no difference what-so-ever!

Have you let the battery drain all the way down? Battery usage isn't linear, it's faster and slower across the full 100%. Use it normally until it drains down and see if it hits 6-7 hours of usage.

four4usc

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have gained my battery life back and the phone no longer is heating up. Removed both email accounts and reset them up. Also found that one of my accounts was set as IMAP reset to POP account and my problems with the battery were fixed.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I decided to reboot my phone before charging it tonight and I lost all my settings. Very annoying. Tried it again and it was fine. A big PITA though.

Last edited:

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I decided to reboot my phone before charging it tonight and I lost all my settings. Very annoying. Tried it again and it was fine. A big PITA though.

I had that happen as well. On the plus side, things seemed a little smoother afterwards. If I get time this week, I'm going to just restore as new and re-input everything. Just haven't had time to do a "clean" upgrade. With possibly the exception of Safari/javascript, most things seem slower. Can't really comment on battery life other than I haven't noticed a big difference either way. I usually keep it close to a charger in case I have to respond to work related junk.

MarkG6968

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
iPhone Vibrate

This isn't really a major issue, I was just curious as to whether anyone else had had this particular little glitch. What it is is, sometimes my phone does the new 'double vibrate' which i now know is normal, but sometimes it will just give a tiny, short single 'z' not even as long as the original single vibrate and once when I got a message it did nothing at all. can this be because I was still in the message screen rather than on the homescreen or what? It's just bugging me a bit.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This isn't really a major issue, I was just curious as to whether anyone else had had this particular little glitch. What it is is, sometimes my phone does the new 'double vibrate' which i now know is normal, but sometimes it will just give a tiny, short single 'z' not even as long as the original single vibrate and once when I got a message it did nothing at all. can this be because I was still in the message screen rather than on the homescreen or what? It's just bugging me a bit.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I don't know why sometimes I get double vibrate with no sound or a single vibrate with the new text bubble swooshing sound.

My unlocking issues are still the same. It does seem to be worse if the phone has been in standby for some time.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen as well. On the plus side, things seemed a little smoother afterwards. If I get time this week, I'm going to just restore as new and re-input everything. Just haven't had time to do a "clean" upgrade. With possibly the exception of Safari/javascript, most things seem slower. Can't really comment on battery life other than I haven't noticed a big difference either way. I usually keep it close to a charger in case I have to respond to work related junk.

You are right, things are running really smooth today. My battery life has returned to normal as well.

MarkG6968

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah 'swipe to unlock' is a pain in the butt now, especially when you receive a call and have to swipe again. Another major pain I have is with my Touch 4G, When I press the video icon to watch my movies it takes about 6-7 seconds to open up, in that time its just a white screen then eventually the movie files appear. Not very impressed with 4.3 at all, Let's hope Apple sort it fast as I never had any issues whatsoever I can recall with 4.2.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
for those with battery life issues..ping is set to push so:

settings>general>restrictions>ping and turn it off

I concur. I did this last night, and now on a full charge from 6am this morning till 230pm now:

1hr, 24 minutes usage
7hr, 47 minutes standby
73% remaining.

Tojasonhoo

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah 'swipe to unlock' is a pain in the butt now, especially when you receive a call and have to swipe again. Another major pain I have is with my Touch 4G, When I press the video icon to watch my movies it takes about 6-7 seconds to open up, in that time its just a white screen then eventually the movie files appear. Not very impressed with 4.3 at all, Let's hope Apple sort it fast as I never had any issues whatsoever I can recall with 4.2.

I know. Sometimes when you press to play a video (3GS) the screen blacks out and you just have to sit there until something appears on the screen.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Yep. It is horrible. I woke up, unplugged, opened twitter and 5 minutes later I had lost 6%. Crazy.

Last night i did a Restore from New and fully discharged/recharged the battery.

Battery level when I switched it on at 06:30 was 100% and now at 14:10 its still at 96% with some internet/text usage.

I think that the heavy battery drain issue as been resolved!

Fingers crossed.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My iphone 4 never worked properly with my car. I have a 2011 Mazda Speed 3 and the audio is BT only. I can hear music, and the phone part works ok... but the data of the music does NOT show on the screen, I cannot sync my phone book and music cannot be controlled via the steering controls.... so I have to drive with my phone in my hand. I was told 4.3 would fix this and it has not.

As a matter of fact, I get SO many dropped calls now with full signal I'm about to throw this phone out the window. I'm so angry and am torn because I love my ip4 for text and apps but it's such a headache as a phone and nevermind a device that is SAFE to drive with.

phishyphan1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Please Help. I have an unjailbroken IP4 4.3 and i just came across a problem. When i go into contacts and find someone i would like to text, i click send text message and immediately the phone pulls up the message app but there is no contact listed in the box. if i click the "cancel" message and then click the box to send a new message, the original person i tried to text NOW shows up. this is super annoying. have you heard of this? is there a way to fix it??? please let me know.. thanks much

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Apps crash like crazy and now location services icon is on all the time. Apple get your ish together. Never had an iPhone until getting the 4. The novelty of a new phone had worn off and now I feel like throwing this thing against a brick wall.