Try going to the settings for the app. I believe the option to change it should be there.
    nope.

ten characters
    03-10-2011 09:07 PM
    nope.

ten characters
    Yeah, the SMS/MMS are now differentiated by the double vibrate. I don't mind too much but I already know what alert came in 9 out of 10 times by the different sounds. I just wish some devs would let you choose a sound verses the default Tri-tone.
    03-10-2011 10:01 PM
    Hi guys Have tried again today, and I am not being offered the personal hotspot, any Ideas? I am with Telus. Do you have to have a particular data plan?
    03-10-2011 10:37 PM
    Hi guys Have tried again today, and I am not being offered the personal hotspot, any Ideas? I am with Telus. Do you have to have a particular data plan?
    Did you try Settings>General>Network>Setup Personal Hot Spot?
    03-10-2011 10:44 PM
    I've been having a problem with any movies I have on my iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.

I have an extensive library of movies that I had ripped from DVDs which used to play quite well with 4.2.1, but after the 4.3 update the only movies I can play are either those that are digital copies that came with DVDs (or directly purchased through iTunes), or movies that only had a 2 channel stereo soundtrack.

All of my movies were ripped with their full multi-channel audio and I had no problems playing them with 4.2.1. Imagine my surprise when I found out I could not hear any audio at all after the 4.3 update.

Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this, and does anyone know of a fix? I really don't relish the idea of having to re-rip all of my movies again to 2 channel stereo just so that I can play them in my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV.
    03-10-2011 11:13 PM
    Hmmm I'm on Fido and I also don't have the option. I also don't have a data plan but I thought I would atleast see the option it might just be inaccessible.
    03-11-2011 12:23 AM
    Battery life has been extremely bad since I upgraded. Lost 15% in 1 hour of idle time. Anyone else having this problem?
    03-11-2011 08:06 AM
    I installed 4.3 GM last night. So far its been smooth. Safari is super fast with nitro javascript. My i4 was laggy for the first 10 mins or so but that has gone away. If you have seen any bugs, lets list them below
    I agree....Safari is really super fast now. Can't believe it. Makes me want to smile.
    03-11-2011 08:10 AM
    Battery life has been extremely bad since I upgraded. Lost 15% in 1 hour of idle time. Anyone else having this problem?
    I've noticed the exact opposite. I've noticed an improvement in battery life since upgrading to 4.3.
    03-11-2011 08:10 AM
    On my iPhone 4: Messages > 'tap a message' > Edit > 'select multiple messages'...

Noticed there's a lag in between selecting one message and the next. It used to be very responsive. Feels like iOS 4 in iPhone 3G.
    03-11-2011 08:48 AM
    did you upgrade from a jailbreak?.. well, regardless i would do a restore as new device (not from backup)
    __

i briefly went to 4.3 and the battery life was decent. however, after using it i also found out that my jailbreak setup on 4.2.1 was just as good and that is why i went back to 4.2.1 jailbroken
    03-11-2011 09:42 AM
    Idk about u guys. But I think it's messed up that AT&T is not only goin to charge u extra to use the new "personal hotspot" feature but they are also making u lose ur data unlimited plan if u are one of the few like me. That was grandfathered in.
    03-11-2011 09:50 AM
    any one noticed the vibrate timing has changed on texts??
    03-11-2011 10:00 AM
    did you upgrade from a jailbreak?.. well, regardless i would do a restore as new device (not from backup)
    Does this actually eliminate all jailbreak history? Is the backup where the preferences/settings for JB are saved?

PS-Apple must have made the status bar optional, I'm on 4.3 #TeamPure
    03-11-2011 11:16 AM
    Tried to install an update for iMovie after updating to iOS 4.3 and it's taking ages to finish the download and installation. I though it was related with iMovie and decided to make sure by downloading another free app from application store, paused the iMovie downloading and the free app started downloading, and more than 30mn passed now and the free app is still downloading. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-11-2011 12:14 PM
    I lost all my contacts from my non-jailbroken iPhone 4 but I still have the favorites in the phone app, just numbers, the names are all gone. My wifes iPhone contacts are just fine.

Also I can't stay connected to wifi networks, In my wifi settings it has a checkmark next to the network but it stays on 3G. I rebooted my phone multiple times and only got wifi for about 10 min.
    03-11-2011 01:59 PM
    I don't have a data plan (telcel Mexico) and i have the issue of the personal hotspot feature sometimes appearing under settings and other times not appearing. It has not been consistent.
    03-11-2011 02:03 PM
    My swipe to unlock has been real bad since I upgraded to 4.3. I dont know how to downgrade and went to the genius bar to see if they could and they said they couldnt. They verified my issue but since they dont know if its software related or not, they wanted to give me a new one since I have restored with it not helping so I accepted. This is on 4.2.1 and no more problems. I wont be upgrading back to 4.3 unless they fix this issue. Makes me sad because I dont JB anymore and I want to be on the latest OS.
    03-11-2011 02:14 PM
    So after having 4.3 for the last 2 days I've found slide to unlock is extremely unreliable now. It's to the point where it happens repeatedly all the time, doesn't matter if I reset my iPhone or not. Sometimes the slider doesn't move at all until after 3-4 tries. Other times it does move but the phone doesn't unlock when I slide it over and the slider immediately returns to the original position, it can take 3-4 tries to get it to unlock in this case as well. This is very annoying.

Also, did they shorten the time between text message second notifications? It seems like they come way faster than in 5 minutes, I haven't time it out.

Now I see Garz above me having the same deal, anyone else?
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-11-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    03-11-2011 02:39 PM
    So after having 4.3 for the last 2 days I've found slide to unlock is extremely unreliable now. It's to the point where it happens repeatedly all the time, doesn't matter if I reset my iPhone or not. Sometimes the slider doesn't move at all until after 3-4 tries. Other times it does move but the phone doesn't unlock when I slide it over and the slider immediately returns to the original position, it can take 3-4 tries to get it to unlock in this case as well. This is very annoying.

Also, did they shorten the time between text message second notifications? It seems like they come way faster than in 5 minutes, I haven't time it out.

Now I see Garz above me having the same deal, anyone else?
    My wifes has done it a few times. But not to where its bothering her. I had to exchange at Apple to get a new one so I could get back on 4.2.1. Problem free now. Genius bar person couldnt believe how often it was doing it as she kept playing with it. Since she didnt know where the problem was coming from(I knew) so she gave me a new one.

And restoring to new wont fix it
    03-11-2011 04:14 PM
    My wifes has done it a few times. But not to where its bothering her. I had to exchange at Apple to get a new one so I could get back on 4.2.1. Problem free now. Genius bar person couldnt believe how often it was doing it as she kept playing with it. Since she didnt know where the problem was coming from(I knew) so she gave me a new one.

And restoring to new wont fix it
    It's really annoying and seems to be getting worse as I go on here. Especially when the slider moves but doesn't unlock the phone and I have to repeat a bunch more times. It has no pattern at all, completely random and getting more frequent.

We will see how long I can bare before I take it to Apple. Garz, what did you tell the girl at the store? Just that the slider was unresponsive and she saw it was and just gave you another phone?
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    03-11-2011 04:22 PM
    It's really annoying and seems to be getting worse as I go on here. Especially when the slider moves but doesn't unlock the phone and I have to repeat a bunch more times. It has no pattern at all, completely random and getting more frequent.

We will see how long I can bare before I take it to Apple. Garz, what did you tell the girl at the store? Just that the slider was unresponsive and she saw it was and just gave you another phone?
    Told her what was going on. She played with it a few minutes and got it to duplicate a couple of times. It was happening more when iPhone was sitting in standby mode for a bit
    03-11-2011 04:44 PM
    Yes Garz I've noticed several times since update I have to repeat a swipe 2 or 3 times to unlock.
    Also, on a side note my safari, app store and email push have been slower since upgrade to 4.2. Slight improvement on mail and safari in 4.3. (3gs)
    03-11-2011 07:18 PM
    I found my text tone was shortened. I have been using the new calypso tone and since I installed iOS 4.3 it only plays the last two notes. Now I am back to using one of the original tones cause I don't like any of the other new ones.
    03-11-2011 07:29 PM
    Yes Garz I've noticed several times since update I have to repeat a swipe 2 or 3 times to unlock.
    Also, on a side note my safari, app store and email push have been slower since upgrade to 4.2. Slight improvement on mail and safari in 4.3. (3gs)
    so this happens on 3GS too? wow I guess its just standard on 4.3. Im afraid to update my iPad due to this.
    03-11-2011 07:41 PM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD